|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV, The Grand Canyon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Wind River, the Green River and the Gros Ventre River begin?
(a) Roswell Peak.
(b) San Juan Peak.
(c) Los Alimos Peak.
(d) Fremont Peak.
2. Powell and an Indian companion separated to explore a plateau. Which of the following was the Indian not wearing?
(a) A kerchief.
(b) Black velvet leggings.
(c) Eyebrow piercings.
3. How many men left the expedition while in the Grand Canyon?
4. How did the group cross the dangerous rapids on August 14th?
(a) They rode through.
(b) They made a portage.
(c) They rowed around them.
(d) They tied the boats together.
5. Who lead the cult societies within clans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in Walnut Canyon?
2. How many Indians acted as guide for Powell's party in Chapter XII?
3. What date did the men come out of the Grand Canyon?
4. According to Powell, why is the Grand Canyon more impressive than Yosemite?
5. What destination ended the survey of the Colorado River Valley?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)