|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV, The Grand Canyon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toom'pin Tuweap' mean?
(a) "Rock Land."
(b) "River Crossing"
(c) River Land."
(d) "Home of the Brave."
2. Describe the view of Marble Canyon from Vermillion Cliffs.
(a) Green plateaus.
(b) A river in a canyon.
(c) Majestic buttes.
(d) Forested mountains.
3. The crew had an uncomfortable night on July 12th. Why?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) A rainstorm.
(c) Freezing temperatures.
(d) Wild animals.
4. What did the crew do while stopped on July 18th?
(a) Played cards.
(b) Talked with an Indian chief.
(c) Hunted and fished.
(d) Explored the numerous side canyons.
5. The Grand River flows through what kind of terrain?
(a) Volcanic caves.
(b) Stone dwellings.
(c) Meadows and rock formations.
(d) Petroglyphs on cliffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are layers in the Grand Canyon except ______.
2. Which part of the Colorado River is the desert portion?
3. After crossing the river, what was the name of the summit they reached?
4. What cliffs are located between the Pink Cliffs?
5. The layer of the Grand Canyon closest to the river is called ______.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)