|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV, The Grand Canyon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boat got into a dangerous situation in the Canyon of Lodore?
(a) "Lucky duck."
(b) "Emma Briggs."
(c) "No Name."
(d) "Stampede how."
2. Which is the thickest layer in the Grand Canyon?
(a) Tower limestone.
(b) Black gneiss.
(c) Alcove sandstone.
(d) Red wall limestone.
3. What type of environment characterizes the Kaibab Plateau?
4. What was the name of the pioneer boat?
(a) Beth Riley."
(b) "Emma Dean."
(c) "Mary Joe."
(d) "Emily Jim."
5. What date did the men come out of the Grand Canyon?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 26.
(c) August 29.
(d) August 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Powell and his party left on October 28, where were they headed?
2. What does the Uinta Valley contain?
3. How old was the Indian Powell met in Chapter VIII?
4. What is the Bill Williams River also known as?
5. What feeds the Colorado in the high region during the summer months?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)