|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XV, The Grand Canyon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Stillwater Canyon?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 42.75 miles.
(c) 37.25 miles.
(d) 48 miles.
2. Where must the party reach, after setting out on October 29?
(a) Fort Defiance.
(b) Fort Rebellion.
(c) Fort Opposition.
(d) Fort Challenge.
3. What created the canyons of the Grand Canyon?
(a) River dams.
(b) Man made digging.
4. When Powell began his journey down the Colorado, how long did they bring rations for?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 15 months.
5. What did the men find near Henry's Fork?
(a) A cache of instruments.
(b) A flock of sheep.
(c) An impassable sandbar.
(d) A tribe of Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the Indian Powell met in Chapter VIII?
2. What obstacle did the group encounter on June 1st?
3. How long is the Grand Canyon?
4. What is the river like in the Canyon of Lodore?
5. How long of an expedition was Powell planning for in Chapter XII?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)