|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
(b) Cliff dwellings.
2. What were the dwellings of the Ute known as?
3. What color were the cliffs Powell explored on May 31st?
4. What is found in Walnut Canyon?
(a) An oasis.
(b) Walnut trees.
(c) Cliff houses.
(d) Volcanic pools.
5. How many miles were covered between Green River City and Flaming Gorge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Powell find at Bright Angel River?
2. The Terrace Plateaus are a group of ______.
3. What is the river like in the Canyon of Lodore?
4. Fill in the following from Chapter II: "The Navajos are ____________ in this country."
5. How is an escarpment formed?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)