|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Powell know that Indians frequented the place where they slept on June 26th?
(a) Pieces of pottery.
(b) Tent poles lying around.
(c) Woven baskets.
2. What is the height of the escarpment?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 2,000 feet.
(c) 5,000 feet.
(d) 4,000 feet.
3. How many Indians acted as guide for Powell's party in Chapter XII?
4. Who made shelters of boughs and bark?
(a) The Ute.
(b) The Tusayan.
(c) The Navajo.
(d) The Tewan.
5. What were the dwellings of the Ute known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape is Bowknot Bend?
2. Describe the view of Marble Canyon from Vermillion Cliffs.
3. When Powell began his journey down the Colorado, how long did they bring rations for?
4. What type of environment characterizes the Kaibab Plateau?
5. What kind of vegetation did the men explore on June 3rd?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)