|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task did Powell describe in detail in the beginning of Chapter VII?
(a) Setting up camp.
(b) Starting a fire.
(c) Skinning a bear.
(d) Navigating rapids and falls.
2. Which of the following is a feature of the Plateau Province?
(a) Abuntant wildlife.
(b) Thick forests.
3. What obstacle did the group encounter on June 1st?
(b) A waterfall.
(c) Stron rapids.
(d) An Indian tribe.
4. What is "The Butte of the Cross" named after?
(a) A butte with trees on it.
(b) A rock where the crew prays.
(c) A place where two rivers cross.
(d) A butte in the shape of a cross.
5. What inscription did the men find on June 2nd?
(c) Danger ahead.
(d) Here lies Angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Powell returned to camp on June 20th, what did the men eat for dinner?
2. What canyon after Flaming Gorge is named for its unique shape?
3. What is the height of the escarpment?
4. The Terrace Plateaus are a group of ______.
5. On July 26th, Powell climbed a canyon and reached pinion pines. What did he collect?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)