|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X, From the Junction of the rand and Greento the Mounth of the Little Colorado.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Powell get in a dangerous situation with climbing cliffs in Chapter VIII?
2. What is the cause of the north-south lines in between the cliffs and plateaus in Chapter IV?
(b) A glacier.
(c) A volcano.
3. Which border of the Plateau Province is Castle Valley on?
4. Why did the crew stop for a day on July 18th?
(a) To repair Powell's broken leg.
(b) To wait for an Indian tribe.
(c) To repair boats and equipment.
(d) To wait for the rapids to settle.
5. Where did the men stop in Chapter VI?
(a) Beehive Point.
(b) Swallow Canyon.
(c) Mosquito Alley.
(d) Ladybug Gorge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
2. Which reptile was worshiped as a deity in Chapter III?
3. What type of environment characterizes the Kaibab Plateau?
4. What previously unknown features in the high country did the Colorado River Exploring Expedition discover?
5. What was the name of the barren and lonely canyon the men reach on July 8th?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)