|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X, From the Junction of the rand and Greento the Mounth of the Little Colorado.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Terrace Plateaus not have?
2. How is an escarpment formed?
(a) A fault.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A glacier.
(d) A volcano.
3. On July 26th, Powell climbed a canyon and reached pinion pines. What did he collect?
(a) Pine needles.
(c) Pine cones.
(d) Birds nests.
4. Which reptile was worshiped as a deity in Chapter III?
(a) Gila monster.
5. Why did the expedition stop on May 27th?
(b) Day of rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made shelters of boughs and bark?
2. What is the name of the canyon the group explores on May 26th?
3. What obstacle did the group encounter on June 1st?
4. What kind of vegetation did the men explore on June 3rd?
5. Describe the mood of the men on the morning of May 30th.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)