|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X, From the Junction of the rand and Greento the Mounth of the Little Colorado.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of environment characterizes the Kaibab Plateau?
2. Where is the source of the Gila River?
(d) New Mexico.
3. The Colorado River forms where which two rivers meet?
(a) The Glenn Canyon and the Hoover.
(b) The Gila and the Gold.
(c) The San Juan and the Gunnison.
(d) The Grand and the Green.
4. Who made shelters of boughs and bark?
(a) The Navajo.
(b) The Ute.
(c) The Tusayan.
(d) The Tewan.
5. What was lost in the wreck in the Canyon of Lodore?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Terrace Plateaus not have?
2. After the wreck in the Canyon of Lodore, how did the men travel for the next two miles?
3. What color were the cliffs Powell explored on May 31st?
4. Why did the expedition stop on May 27th?
5. When did Powell first visit the Colorado territory?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)