|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter X, From the Junction of the rand and Greento the Mounth of the Little Colorado.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the Canyon of Lodore?
(a) 24.33 miles.
(b) 15.5 miles.
(c) 20.75 miles.
(d) 18.2 miles.
2. Whose lodge could Bradley and Powell see from their explorations on May 29th?
(a) Jim Murphy.
(b) John Baker.
(c) Brad Baker.
(d) Chris Russell.
3. What is Trin-Alcove Bind named after?
(a) Intertwined trees.
(b) A rock formation.
(c) A tributary.
(d) A series of three canyons.
4. Where do the Wind River, the Green River and the Gros Ventre River begin?
(a) Roswell Peak.
(b) San Juan Peak.
(c) Los Alimos Peak.
(d) Fremont Peak.
5. On July 18th, how long did Powell estimate their rations will last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Powell know that Indians frequented the place where they slept on June 26th?
2. What is "The Butte of the Cross" named after?
3. What date is it at the end of Chapter X?
4. What does Toom'pin Tuweap' mean?
5. Who did Powell get in a dangerous situation with climbing cliffs in Chapter VIII?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)