|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, The Canyon of Lodore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of geographical feature is the Tavaputs?
(a) A mesa.
(b) A plateau.
(c) A mountain range.
(d) A river.
2. Where did the Apache and Navajo Indian tribes live?
(a) The mountain regions.
(b) The valley of the Gila.
(c) The flood plains.
(d) The desert portions.
3. What is the Bill Williams River also known as?
(a) The Rio Virgen.
(b) The Rio Grande.
(c) The San Juan.
(d) The Gila River.
4. Which Indian tribes inhabited the area from Fremont's Peak to the UIinta Mountains?
5. The Mogollon Escarpment separates the low desert regions from the ______.
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Upper plateau.
(c) Lower plateau.
(d) Northern tributary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the expedition stop on May 27th?
2. Approximately how many miles long is the Colorado River?
3. How many miles were covered between Green River City and Flaming Gorge?
4. How is an escarpment formed?
5. The Colorado River forms a natural boundary between which two states?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)