|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, The Canyon of Lodore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the dwellings of the Ute known as?
2. What caused dangerous conditions in Flaming Gorge?
(b) Stormy weather.
(c) Indian tribes.
(d) Wild bears.
3. Fill in the following from Chapter II: "The Navajos are ____________ in this country."
4. Which of the following is a feature of the Plateau Province?
(a) Abuntant wildlife.
(b) Thick forests.
5. Which mountains extend into Yellowstone Park and are part of the Rocky Mountains?
(a) The Painted Hills.
(b) Wind River Mountains.
(c) Lonely Mountain.
(d) The Black Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boat was lost for a short time in the rapids near the end of the Canyon of Lodore?
2. What do the Terrace Plateaus not have?
3. What task did Powell describe in detail in the beginning of Chapter VII?
4. Where is the source of the Gila River?
5. What did Powell discover about estimating slope while in camp on May 31st?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)