|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, The Canyon of Lodore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cliffs are located between the Pink Cliffs?
(a) The Red Cliffs.
(b) The Brown Cliffs.
(c) The White Cliffs.
(d) The Grey Cliffs.
2. Who went to retrieve the lost items in the Canyon of Lodore?
(a) Sumner and Dunn.
(b) Howland and Goodman.
(d) Hawkins and Hall.
3. When did Powell first visit the Colorado territory?
4. Describe the mood of the men on the morning of May 30th.
5. How many people could the dwellings of the Ute accommodate?
(a) Approximately fifty.
(b) Over a thousand.
(c) Over a hundred.
(d) Over five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the men stop in Chapter VI?
2. Why did the expedition stop on May 27th?
3. How many Indian locations did Powell describe in Arizona?
4. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
5. How long is the Canyon of Lodore?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)