|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII, The Canyon of Lodore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
(a) Cliff dwellings.
2. Why did the men stop on May 25th?
(a) To hunt sheep.
(b) To wash clothes.
(c) To repair one of the boats.
(d) To test out the sexton.
3. How many rivers flow through the Pink Cliffs?
4. What caused dangerous conditions in Flaming Gorge?
(a) Indian tribes.
(b) Wild bears.
(c) Stormy weather.
5. What is the height of the escarpment?
(a) 2,000 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 100 feet.
(d) 4,000 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vegetation did the men explore on June 3rd?
2. Whose lodge could Bradley and Powell see from their explorations on May 29th?
3. What divides the Plateau Province?
4. What device needed to be repaired on May 27th?
5. What name was given to the dangerous part of the Canyon of Lodore where the tools were almost lost?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)