|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Cliffs and Terraces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter IV, east-west cliffs are formed by what?
(a) Glacier carving.
(c) Differential degradation.
2. Where did the Apache and Navajo Indian tribes live?
(a) The desert portions.
(b) The mountain regions.
(c) The flood plains.
(d) The valley of the Gila.
3. The northeast side of the Little Colorado can be described as _______.
(a) Mesas, plateaus, and buttes.
(b) Mountains, canyons, and deserts.
(c) Rocks, rivers, and peaks.
(d) Tributaries, deserts, and valleys.
4. What color rock is unique to the Plateau Province?
5. How many rivers flow through the Pink Cliffs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Ute Indians have a wealth of?
2. What divides the Plateau Province?
3. Which mountains extend into Yellowstone Park and are part of the Rocky Mountains?
4. Where is the source of the Gila River?
5. Some of the rock displacements in Chapter IV are flexures instead of ______.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)