|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Cliffs and Terraces.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mogollon Escarpment separates the low desert regions from the ______.
(a) Upper plateau.
(b) Lower plateau.
(c) Northern tributary.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
2. What is the cause of the north-south lines in between the cliffs and plateaus in Chapter IV?
(a) A glacier.
(c) A volcano.
3. What color rock is unique to the Plateau Province?
4. What did Powell find in the Indian dwellings?
(b) Pottery pieces.
5. How is an escarpment formed?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A fault.
(c) A glacier.
(d) A sandstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the following from Chapter II: "The Navajos are ____________ in this country."
2. What type of environment characterizes the Kaibab Plateau?
3. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
4. How many people could the dwellings of the Ute accommodate?
5. What do the Terrace Plateaus not have?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)