|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Mountains and Plateaus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of geographical feature is the Tavaputs?
(a) A mountain range.
(b) A river.
(c) A plateau.
(d) A mesa.
2. Which part of the Colorado River is the desert portion?
(a) The upper portion.
(b) The eastern portion.
(c) The lower portion.
(d) The western portion.
3. What do the Ute Indians have a wealth of?
(b) Mythic stories.
(c) Written burial accounts.
(d) Pottery pieces.
4. What are the skills of the Zuni Indians?
(a) Hunters and gatherers.
(b) Translators and diplomats.
(c) Priests and healers.
(d) Potters and weavers.
5. The Colorado River forms a natural boundary between which two states?
(a) California and Arizona.
(b) Nevada and Utah.
(c) Califonria and Nevada.
(d) Utah and Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Indian locations did Powell describe in Arizona?
2. The northeast side of the Little Colorado can be described as _______.
3. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
4. The Mogollon Escarpment separates the low desert regions from the ______.
5. What is the name of the highest of the volcanic mountains in Arizona?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)