|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Mountains and Plateaus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Indian tribes inhabited the area from Fremont's Peak to the UIinta Mountains?
2. What animal is found in the great timber region of Arizona?
(b) Wild turkey.
3. Approximately how many miles long is the Colorado River?
4. What kind of geographical feature is the Tavaputs?
(a) A mesa.
(b) A plateau.
(c) A river.
(d) A mountain range.
5. Which mountains extend into Yellowstone Park and are part of the Rocky Mountains?
(a) The Painted Hills.
(b) Lonely Mountain.
(c) The Black Mountains.
(d) Wind River Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bill Williams River also known as?
2. The Colorado River forms a natural boundary between which two states?
3. Where do the Wind River, the Green River and the Gros Ventre River begin?
4. Where did the Apache and Navajo Indian tribes live?
5. Who made shelters of boughs and bark?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)