|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Mountains and Plateaus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Colorado River forms where which two rivers meet?
(a) The Grand and the Green.
(b) The San Juan and the Gunnison.
(c) The Glenn Canyon and the Hoover.
(d) The Gila and the Gold.
2. The northeast side of the Little Colorado can be described as _______.
(a) Mesas, plateaus, and buttes.
(b) Rocks, rivers, and peaks.
(c) Mountains, canyons, and deserts.
(d) Tributaries, deserts, and valleys.
3. What is found in Walnut Canyon?
(a) Walnut trees.
(b) Cliff houses.
(c) Volcanic pools.
(d) An oasis.
4. Where is the source of the Gila River?
(b) New Mexico.
5. What is the height of the escarpment?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 4,000 feet.
(d) 2,000 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Grand River flows through what kind of terrain?
2. What do the Ute Indians have a wealth of?
3. Where do the Wind River, the Green River and the Gros Ventre River begin?
4. Who made shelters of boughs and bark?
5. Which of the following is a feature of the Plateau Province?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)