|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Mountains and Plateaus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Powell find in the Indian dwellings?
(d) Pottery pieces.
2. What divides the Plateau Province?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) The Black Mountains.
(c) The Wind River Mountains.
(d) The Wasatch Mountains.
3. What is found in Walnut Canyon?
(a) Cliff houses.
(b) Walnut trees.
(c) An oasis.
(d) Volcanic pools.
4. Which border of the Plateau Province is Castle Valley on?
5. Which part of the Colorado River is the desert portion?
(a) The eastern portion.
(b) The upper portion.
(c) The lower portion.
(d) The western portion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bill Williams River also known as?
2. Where did the Apache and Navajo Indian tribes live?
3. How is an escarpment formed?
4. What feeds the Colorado in the high region during the summer months?
5. The Grand River flows through what kind of terrain?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)