|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII, Over the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boat got into a dangerous situation in the Canyon of Lodore?
(a) "Stampede how."
(b) "Emma Briggs."
(c) "No Name."
(d) "Lucky duck."
2. Near the pinion pines that Powell reached, what difficulty did he face?
(b) Attacked by Indians.
(c) A downpour of rain.
(d) He was temporarily lost.
3. The Mogollon Escarpment separates the low desert regions from the ______.
(a) Lower plateau.
(b) Upper plateau.
(c) Northern tributary.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
4. What did the crew do while stopped on July 18th?
(a) Played cards.
(b) Hunted and fished.
(c) Explored the numerous side canyons.
(d) Talked with an Indian chief.
5. On September 25, what did they camp near?
(a) The Colorado.
(b) A stream.
(c) A well.
(d) Cottwood groves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Basin Range Province Waters flow?
2. What inscription did the men find on June 2nd?
3. When was the party ready to cross the river by boat?
4. What did the group need to build at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
5. What did the men find near Henry's Fork?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)