|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII, Over the River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Powell began his journey down the Colorado, how many boats did he have?
2. Why might the expedition have to be cut short in Chapter XI?
(b) Loneliness of the crew.
(c) Indian attack.
(d) Food spoilage.
3. When was the party ready to cross the river by boat?
(a) Ocotber 8.
(b) September 26.
(c) October 4.
(d) October 12.
4. Fill in the following from Chapter II: "The Navajos are ____________ in this country."
5. Where is "The Chasm of Colorado" located?
(a) The British Museum.
(b) The Grand Canyon Visitor's Bureau.
(c) A museum in Phoenix.
(d) The capitol of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the group cross the dangerous rapids on August 14th?
2. What does Toom'pin Tuweap' mean?
3. What kind of homes did the Tewan Indians build?
4. What was the weather like when the men camped on a shelf in Chapter XI?
5. Near the pinion pines that Powell reached, what difficulty did he face?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)