|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V, From Green River City To Flaming Gorge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The northeast side of the Little Colorado can be described as _______.
(a) Tributaries, deserts, and valleys.
(b) Rocks, rivers, and peaks.
(c) Mountains, canyons, and deserts.
(d) Mesas, plateaus, and buttes.
2. Why did the expedition stop on May 27th?
(a) Day of rest.
3. The Colorado River forms a natural boundary between which two states?
(a) Nevada and Utah.
(b) Utah and Arizona.
(c) California and Arizona.
(d) Califonria and Nevada.
4. Which of the following is a feature of the Plateau Province?
(a) Thick forests.
(b) Abuntant wildlife.
5. In Chapter IV, east-west cliffs are formed by what?
(a) Glacier carving.
(b) Differential degradation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeds the Colorado in the high region during the summer months?
2. Where do the Wind River, the Green River and the Gros Ventre River begin?
3. The Grand River flows through what kind of terrain?
4. What is the name of the highest of the volcanic mountains in Arizona?
5. What is the cause of the cliffs in the Terrace Plateaus?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)