|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Powell describe their second guide on September 17th?
(a) The human pickle.
(b) A dried fig.
(c) Craggy like the moon.
(d) Stretched leather.
2. At base camp on September 17th, how did Powell plan on reloading supplies?
(a) Packing supplies on mules.
(b) Employing Indians to bring them down the canyon.
(c) Burying enough rations to last in the sand.
(d) Sending a member of his team to the nearest village.
3. How did Powell signal to others that he was ready to be picked up in the boat?
(a) Fired his gun.
(b) Gave a smoke signal.
(c) Yelled loudly.
(d) Sent a flare.
4. What is the cause of the cliffs in the Terrace Plateaus?
(b) A glacier.
(d) A volcano.
5. How many rivers flow through the Pink Cliffs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the north-south lines in between the cliffs and plateaus in Chapter IV?
2. What were the women doing that Powell's party came across on the way to the Grand Canyon?
3. How did Powell know that Indians frequented the place where they slept on June 26th?
4. Some of the rock displacements in Chapter IV are flexures instead of ______.
5. What do the Terrace Plateaus not have?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)