|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Powell's men decided to not continue on the journey at the end of Chapter VIII?
2. What caused anxiety for Powell's party after "Vermilion Cliffs?"
(a) Attack by Indians.
(b) The loss of a mule.
(c) The swift current.
(d) Finding water.
3. How long had it been since the last expedition when Chapter XII begins?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eighteen years.
(d) One year.
4. What is the cause of the cliffs in the Terrace Plateaus?
(b) A glacier.
(d) A volcano.
5. What is the cause of the north-south lines in between the cliffs and plateaus in Chapter IV?
(a) A glacier.
(c) A volcano.
Short Answer Questions
1. At base camp on September 17th, how did Powell plan on reloading supplies?
2. What item of clothing was Powell saved by when climbing cliffs in Chapter VIII?
3. How did Powell signal to others that he was ready to be picked up in the boat?
4. What is Sierra Escalante named after?
5. What is the park in Chapter VIII named after?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)