|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Powell's men decided to not continue on the journey at the end of Chapter VIII?
2. What cliffs are located between the Pink Cliffs?
(a) The Red Cliffs.
(b) The Brown Cliffs.
(c) The White Cliffs.
(d) The Grey Cliffs.
3. How many rivers flow through the Pink Cliffs?
4. How old was the Indian Powell met in Chapter VIII?
(a) Over 100.
(b) About 50.
(c) Nearly 80.
(d) Almost 90.
5. What were the women doing that Powell's party came across on the way to the Grand Canyon?
(a) Harvesting seeds.
(c) Gathering berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Powell compared the Terrace Plateaus to what?
2. Who did Powell get in a dangerous situation with climbing cliffs in Chapter VIII?
3. What is the cause of the cliffs in the Terrace Plateaus?
4. In the performance by the Indians, what did the young boy ask his mother to do?
5. Which mountains cannot be seen from Mount Dawes?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)