|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII, The Rio Virgen and theUinkaren Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Powell know that Indians frequented the place where they slept on June 26th?
(a) Tent poles lying around.
(b) Pieces of pottery.
(c) Woven baskets.
2. How many people could the dwellings of the Ute accommodate?
(a) Approximately fifty.
(b) Over five hundred.
(c) Over a thousand.
(d) Over a hundred.
3. What is the park in Chapter VIII named after?
4. Which of Powell's men decided to not continue on the journey at the end of Chapter VIII?
5. Who did Powell visit at the Uinta settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of environment characterizes the Kaibab Plateau?
2. In the Mormon town of Schunesburg, what did Powell and his party feast on?
3. Which mountains cannot be seen from Mount Dawes?
4. What happened to the three men that left the first expedition early?
5. What is the cause of the north-south lines in between the cliffs and plateaus in Chapter IV?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)