Chapter I, The Valley of the Colorado
1. The Colorado River forms where which two rivers meet?
(a) The Grand and the Green.
(b) The Glenn Canyon and the Hoover.
(c) The Gila and the Gold.
(d) The San Juan and the Gunnison.
2. Approximately how many miles long is the Colorado River?
3. Which part of the Colorado River is the desert portion?
(a) The eastern portion.
(b) The western portion.
(c) The lower portion.
(d) The upper portion.
4. Where is the source of the Gila River?
(c) New Mexico.
5. The Colorado River forms a natural boundary between which two states?
(a) California and Arizona.
(b) Califonria and Nevada.
(c) Utah and Arizona.
(d) Nevada and Utah.
6. What is the Bill Williams River also known as?
(a) The San Juan.
(b) The Gila River.
(c) The Rio Virgen.
(d) The Rio Grande.
7. Where did the Apache and Navajo Indian tribes live?
(a) The desert portions.
(b) The valley of the Gila.
(c) The flood plains.
(d) The mountain regions.
This section contains 3,534 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)