|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hong told by the spirity of his mother?
(a) He should return to General Ma.
(b) He should make certain Chen gets to Beijing.
(c) He should let Chen make his own destiny.
(d) He should return home immediately.
2. How do Chen and Hong cross the Yellow River?
(b) A rowboat.
(d) They are not able to cross it as it is too high.
3. What happens after the boat leaves the port where it takes on some cargo?
(a) The boat is attacked by pirates.
(b) The boat sinks.
(c) The boat loses its rudder.
(d) The boat can barely float as it has too much weight on it.
4. What does Yeo do?
(a) Is in the cavalry.
(b) Carries mesages for the pirates.
(c) Studies the sayings of Confucius.
(d) Cooks onboard the sailing vessel.
5. What does General Ma want Hong to do?
(a) Accompany Chen to Beijing and recruit there.
(b) Become a scout.
(c) Go back to his village and recruit others.
(d) Become a soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chen tell Hong about the time of his captivity with the pirates?
2. Where do Hong and Chen go after stopping in Wuhan?
3. What happens to Hong after Chen is taken away?
4. What does the White Lotus plan to do concerning Ni Fenglin?
5. What happens when the ship leaves Juijiang?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chen do on the examination, what is he called and who gives him his diploma?
2. Why do the brothers stop in Qufu and who do they meet there? What does he ask them to do?
3. What happens when Hong goes to deliver his letter from Ye Pan?
4. What does Hong decide to do after Chen takes a position and what does Sun Qi give Hong?
5. What does Hong agree to do with Yao, and what does he insist on first? How do the boys carry out Hong's desire?
6. Where do the brothers finally stop after the Yellow River plain and where do they stay there?
7. What happens when Hong visits a fortune teller?
8. What is available to Chen for a position, what is he considering and how does Hong feel about Chen making up his mind?
9. Where is Hong taken by the pirates, who does he meet and what does that person tell him?
10. What do the brothers decide to do when they leave the army, who do they meet and how does Chen feel about him?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)