|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hong and Chen travel on towards Beijing?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The Grand Canal.
(c) The Yangtze River.
(d) A dusty road.
2. What kind of format is the final exam?
(a) It is a multiple choice exam.
(b) It is done by short answers.
(c) Very unstructured.
(d) Very precise structure.
3. Who gives most of the scholars of the final exam their diplomas?
(a) The Security Minister.
(b) The Minister of Rites.
(c) The Minister of Education.
(d) The Emperor.
4. Why is Chen pleased that Hong suggests going to Qufu?
(a) He knows a young lady there.
(b) He wants to visit the place that honors his ancient teacher.
(c) He wants to study a little before reaching Beijing.
(d) He is not pleased as he wants to get to Beijing quickly.
5. What does Hong say he will consider?
(a) Returning to General Ma and becoming a soldier.
(b) Returning to his village to recruit.
(c) Helping Chen to find a safe way to Beijing and then returning to Ma.
(d) Carrying dangerous letters to Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ni Fenglin?
2. Why is Chen treated differently than the other passengers?
3. What is the name of the torture Hong endures?
4. How does Chen feel about his ranking?
5. What position does Tang Wangai offer Chen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hong do while Chen is studying?
2. Where do the brothers finally stop after the Yellow River plain and where do they stay there?
3. What happens when Hong visits a fortune teller?
4. How far do the brothers take the Grand Canal, and what are they told at the end of it? What do they decide to do about the information?
5. What happens as Hong is with the army about Wang Chih and the outpost where he was held?
6. What does Hong tell the pirates about the letters he carries?
7. Where does Hong go when he escapes the pirates and who helps him?
8. What do the brothers decide to do when they leave the army, who do they meet and how does Chen feel about him?
9. What happens with Hong after he receives the message from Tang?
10. How did Chen do on the examination, what is he called and who gives him his diploma?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)