|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hong and Chen go after stopping in Wuhan?
(a) They return home.
(b) They return to Chongqing.
(c) They stay in Wuhan for more exams.
2. What does Hong do with the letters from Ye Pan and the one from Meng Dafu?
(a) Drops them overboard.
(b) Hides them under his hat.
(c) Eats them.
(d) Burns them.
3. What does the letter that Hong delivers say?
(a) It is a test of Hong's reliability.
(b) Hong is to be imprisoned.
(c) Hong is to be promoted within the White Lotus ranks.
(d) Not much of anything.
4. What does General Ma want Hong to do?
(a) Become a soldier.
(b) Become a scout.
(c) Accompany Chen to Beijing and recruit there.
(d) Go back to his village and recruit others.
5. Who is Yuying?
(a) Meng's firstborn son.
(b) Meng's youngest son.
(c) Meng's brother.
(d) Meng's beautiful daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hong decide he can now leave his brother?
2. Why do Hong and Chen leave in haste for Beijing?
3. What kind of format is the final exam?
4. Where are Hong and Chen housed in Beijing?
5. What do three scholars want to do with Chen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chen finally decide upon a position?
2. How far do the brothers take the Grand Canal, and what are they told at the end of it? What do they decide to do about the information?
3. What is the examination in Beijing going to be?
4. Where do the brothers finally stop after the Yellow River plain and where do they stay there?
5. What does Hong tell the pirates about the letters he carries?
6. What does Chen do that ends his friendship with Yuying and what does she do about it?
7. Where does the boat stop and Chen looks for Meng Dafu? What do the brothers do after that?
8. Where does Hong go when he escapes the pirates and who helps him?
9. What do the brothers decide to do when they leave the army, who do they meet and how does Chen feel about him?
10. What happens when Hong visits a fortune teller?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)