|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts does the exam in Beijing have?
2. Who is Meng Dafu?
(a) The person to whom Chen is to deliver a letter.
(b) Hong's contact in the White Lotus in Beijing.
(c) Chen's newest teacher.
(d) The magistrate in Wuhan.
3. To what position is Wei Xi being promoted?
(a) To the Emperor's council.
(b) That of Ni Fenglin.
(c) National Magistrate.
(d) Governor of Beijing.
4. What happens to Hong after Chen is taken away?
(a) He is knocked unconscious.
(b) He slips overboard and hides while hanging on the ladder.
(d) He is tied up.
5. What does Chen think has helped to prepare him for the exam?
(a) His travels.
(b) His brother's loyalty.
(c) His talks with his master teacher.
(d) The books he has read in various places.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do three scholars want to do with Chen?
2. How does Chen calm himself as he prepares to take the exam?
3. Who searches the passengers of the boat?
4. Who is Meng Dafu?
5. Why does Hong say he cannot see Chen as a magistrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chen finally decide upon a position?
2. How does Hong find information about the locusts and his village?
3. What does Hong agree to do with Yao, and what does he insist on first? How do the boys carry out Hong's desire?
4. Why do the brothers stop in Qufu and who do they meet there? What does he ask them to do?
5. What happens when Chen is invited out by three other scholars?
6. What does Hong tell the pirates about the letters he carries?
7. How does Wang Chih get away from the army?
8. Where does Hong go when he escapes the pirates and who helps him?
9. How is Chen feeling when he starts his examination in Beijing and how does he feel at the end of it?
10. How far do the brothers take the Grand Canal, and what are they told at the end of it? What do they decide to do about the information?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)