|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chen torn over the last question?
(a) He does not know what they want.
(b) He believes the question is immoral.
(c) He believes his answer will anger the authorities.
(d) His experiences conflict with his knowledge obtained through scholarship.
2. What is the name of Chen's position in the last exam?
3. What position does Tang Wangai offer Chen?
(a) Secretary of Confucius's tomb.
(b) Minister of Philosophy.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Governor of his home province.
4. Who is impressed by Chen's robes?
(a) The pirates.
(b) The Captain's daughter.
(c) No one.
(d) The sailors.
5. Where is Meng Dafu?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hong told by the spirity of his mother?
2. How does Chen feel about his ranking?
3. What is Meng's occupation?
4. Where does Hong put the letters he has?
5. Why do Hong and Chen pour rice on the doorstep of a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chen do that ends his friendship with Yuying and what does she do about it?
2. What is the examination in Beijing going to be?
3. How does Wang Chih get away from the army?
4. What do the river pirates do when they board the boat?
5. What is available to Chen for a position, what is he considering and how does Hong feel about Chen making up his mind?
6. What happens when Hong goes to deliver his letter from Ye Pan?
7. What does Hong tell the pirates about the letters he carries?
8. What does Hong do while Chen is studying?
9. What happens when Chen is invited out by three other scholars?
10. Where is Hong taken by the pirates, who does he meet and what does that person tell him?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)