|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts does the exam in Beijing have?
2. Why does Hong shake his walking stick at two men?
(a) They are threatening a young woman.
(b) They want to rob him for food.
(c) They want Chen's robes.
(d) They are threatening an elderly woman.
3. What is Meng's occupation?
(d) Alchemist and scientist.
4. What happens to Hong's money?
(a) The pirates take it.
(b) Hong holds it in his mouth.
(c) Hong drops it overboard hoping to recover it later.
(d) Hong hides it in the bow.
5. Who is impressed by Chen's robes?
(a) The Captain's daughter.
(b) No one.
(c) The sailors.
(d) The pirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chen tell Hong about the time of his captivity with the pirates?
2. Where does Chen rank for the last exam?
3. Of what is Hong reminded before he leaves Bejing?
4. What will Hong learn from Tang Wangai at the tomb?
5. What does Yeo do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chen answer the final question on the examination, and why is troubled by it?
2. What is the examination in Beijing going to be?
3. What happens when Hong visits a fortune teller?
4. What does Hong decide to do after Chen takes a position and what does Sun Qi give Hong?
5. Why is General Ma disappointed about Hong and what does he invite Hong to do?
6. What is available to Chen for a position, what is he considering and how does Hong feel about Chen making up his mind?
7. What happens when Chen is invited out by three other scholars?
8. Where does the boat stop and Chen looks for Meng Dafu? What do the brothers do after that?
9. Why do the brothers stop in Qufu and who do they meet there? What does he ask them to do?
10. What do the river pirates do when they board the boat?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)