|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen decide about Confucius?
(a) He would not sit for these exams.
(b) He would not approve of trying to bribe someone.
(c) He would think bribing is acceptable.
(d) He would not pass these exams.
2. What is the group that is committed to avenging social injustice?
(a) The White Lotus.
(b) The Ninjas.
(c) The Lapi.
(d) The Purple Rose.
3. What is the third son sometimes called?
(a) Just by his given name.
(b) Brother Third.
(c) Third Son.
(d) Three Brother.
4. What does Lin Shi decide Hong and Chen are doing?
(a) Running away from home.
(b) Going east to fight Japanese pirates.
(c) Being adventurous to see the world.
(d) Looking for treasure.
5. What is the relation between Lao Hong and Lao Chen?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Chen done as a result of his mother's tutelage?
2. What happens to exams with poor handwriting?
3. What does Hong worry about as he and Chen are walking?
4. What does Shen Ding's note to Chen say?
5. Why is Lu angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hong do while Chen is receiving his award?
2. How does Hong eventually feel about Lin Shi and what happens to Lin Shi?
3. Who is suspicious of the brothers, why and what does he intend to do?
4. What does Zhu Tong as of Hong?
5. What concerns Hong about Chen while they are staying at Ma's home?
6. From where is Chen returning on a cart and on what is he thinking?
7. What does Shen Ding explain to Chen about the grading of the exams?
8. Who visits Chen before he leaves and what does he ask?
9. What test taker treats the brothers to tea and what does he tell Chen about the examination?
10. What does Shen Ding advise Chen to do on the last day of the exam, what does Chen decide to do and why?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)