|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hong say sent his regards to Ye Pan?
(b) Fei Qun.
(c) Lao Lu.
(d) Wang Be.
2. What practice has Daiyun undergone?
(a) Feet binding.
(c) Hand sculpting.
(d) Rites promising her to the temple as a servant.
3. Who is Gao Shi?
(a) The chief examiner who offers to be Chen's mentor.
(b) Ding's best friend whose name is on the list.
(c) Hong's contact in the White Lotus.
(d) The prefect of the examiners.
4. With what does Lao Chen show a remarkable ability when very young?
(a) With growing flowers.
(b) With languages.
(c) With poetry.
(d) With music.
5. Where do Chen and Hong tell Lao Lu they intend to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zhu Tong?
2. Who is Hong observing to decide if the man can be trusted?
3. What does Lin Shi refuse to believe?
4. What is the group that is committed to avenging social injustice?
5. For what is Lao Hong known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ye Pan tell Hong when Hong gives him the letter? What does he invite Hong to do?
2. What test taker treats the brothers to tea and what does he tell Chen about the examination?
3. Why is Bao angry at Hong and to what does Hong finally agree?
4. Who visits Chen before he leaves and what does he ask?
5. Who is suspicious of the brothers, why and what does he intend to do?
6. What does Zhu Tong as of Hong?
7. How does Chen figure out that Shen Ding tried to ruin Chen's chances at passing the exam?
8. How does Hong's match turn out?
9. Where and with whom do the boys live, and why is their life style less than it should be?
10. Where does Hong find Ye Pan and what does he do before delivering the letter? What does Ye Pan do when he sees Hong?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)