|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chen offered after his examinations?
(a) A number of official positions.
(b) A position in the Emperor's library.
(c) Two thousand gold pieces.
(d) The governship of a province.
2. Where does Chen rank for the last exam?
(d) At the very top.
3. What is Hong expected to do if he is caught on a mission for the White Lotus?
(a) Tell them misleading information.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill the arresting officers.
4. Why do Hong and Chen pour rice on the doorstep of a house?
(a) As a peace offering.
(b) To keep the evil spirits inside.
(c) To keep the men inside from stealing from the women.
(d) To feed several young children.
5. What do three scholars want to do with Chen?
(a) Learn from him.
(b) Get him drunk and ridicule him.
(c) Get him drunk so he misses the exam.
(d) Force him to go back home.
6. What does Hong do as Chen is studying?
(a) Visits with members of the White Lotus.
(b) Learn about new farming methods to take home with him.
(c) Practice soldier skills.
(d) Practice sword fighting.
7. Why does Hong shake his walking stick at two men?
(a) They are threatening an elderly woman.
(b) They want to rob him for food.
(c) They are threatening a young woman.
(d) They want Chen's robes.
8. What is Meng's occupation?
(a) Alchemist and scientist.
9. What does Chen visit every day?
(a) A young girl he is intrested in.
(b) The lectures given by the head examiner.
(c) The library of the monks of Confusius.
(d) The Imperial library.
10. What position does Tang Wangai offer Chen?
(a) Minister of Philosophy.
(b) Secretary of Confucius's tomb.
(c) Governor of his home province.
(d) Secretary of State.
11. Where does the sailing vessel that Hong and Chen are traveling go?
12. What does the White Lotus plan to do concerning Ni Fenglin?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Expose him.
(c) Blackmail him.
(d) Get him arrested.
13. How do Chen and Hong cross the Yellow River?
(c) A rowboat.
(d) They are not able to cross it as it is too high.
14. What does Yao advise Hong?
(a) To try to escape since he'll be killed anyway.
(b) To give the letters to the pirates.
(d) To cooperate with the pirates.
15. What does General Ma want Hong to do?
(a) Accompany Chen to Beijing and recruit there.
(b) Go back to his village and recruit others.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Become a scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what position is Wei Xi being promoted?
2. Who is Yuying?
3. How does Hong get the message from Tang?
4. Who is Sun Qi?
5. What happens to Hong's money?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)