|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 286-296.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hong explain his choice to General Ma?
(a) That Hong has to help Chen get to Beijing.
(b) That Hong wishes to become a sailor.
(c) That Hong owes his father to return to the village.
(d) That Hong wishes to see Beijing before anything else.
2. What people are banned from taking the exam again forever?
(a) Those who tried to bribe the examiners.
(b) Those who did not complete the entire exam.
(c) Those who scored more than two levels below the mminimum level.
(d) Those who scored below the minimum level.
3. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
(a) They will not believe he is a scholar.
(b) They will keep Hong from entering since Hong is not a scholar.
(c) Losing his jad ink stone.
(d) Not having any money for a bribe.
4. What does a grocer advise Chen after the second session of exams?
(a) To eat a hardy breakfast before going to the last day of exams.
(b) To get a good night's sleep rather than trying to study.
(c) To get his brother to watch his books for him.
(d) Not to trust advice from others about passing the exams.
5. Who searches the passengers of the boat?
(a) No one.
(b) The Magistrate's soldiers.
(d) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sailing vessel that Hong and Chen are traveling go?
2. What nickname has Lao Chen earned?
3. For what is Lao Hong known?
4. What does Fei Qun ask of the person he visits?
5. To what position is Wei Xi being promoted?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)