|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 286-296.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bao taken upon herself to do?
(a) Find a husband for her younger sister.
(b) Care for her father and brothers.
(c) Find a wife for Chen.
(d) Send Chen to Hunan.
2. Who does Bao ask to change Hong's mind?
(c) The village mayor.
(d) The village monk.
3. Why doesn't Lao Hong give some of his prize money to his father?
(a) He wants to help his brother with the money.
(b) He hates his father.
(c) His father said he does not want the money.
(d) He does give some of the prize money to his father.
4. What does Hong say he will consider?
(a) Returning to General Ma and becoming a soldier.
(b) Returning to his village to recruit.
(c) Helping Chen to find a safe way to Beijing and then returning to Ma.
(d) Carrying dangerous letters to Beijing.
5. How many times has Shen Ding taken the provincial exam before this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the customs officers doing?
2. What does the ship do in its next port?
3. Who is deemed to be worth a high ransom?
4. Why is each exam copied by a scribe before being given to the examiners?
5. What is one thing that delights Hong about Chengdu?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)