|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 286-296.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen say is the worst thing about his captivity?
(a) He had nothing to read.
(b) He couldn't study for the exam.
(c) He didn't know where Hong was.
(d) He was hungry all the time.
2. What kind of format is the final exam?
(a) It is done by short answers.
(b) Very unstructured.
(c) It is a multiple choice exam.
(d) Very precise structure.
3. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
(b) Turning away any families with small children.
(d) Turning away any families with elderly people.
4. Where are the highest government exams taken?
(a) In each province Capitol.
(b) The imperial palace in Beijing.
(c) In the largest city of a designated area.
(d) In one's own hometown.
5. How is Hong affected by what happens on the treacherous stretch of the river?
(a) He does not seem affected.
(b) He gets depressed.
(c) He is excited about a new adventure as they off load.
(d) He is deeply grieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the magistrate not believe?
2. What do the two men who corner Hong demand?
3. Why does Hong decide he can now leave his brother?
4. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
5. What people are banned from taking the exam again forever?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)