|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 286-296.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what position is Wei Xi being promoted?
(a) Governor of Beijing.
(b) National Magistrate.
(c) To the Emperor's council.
(d) That of Ni Fenglin.
2. What do three scholars want to do with Chen?
(a) Get him drunk and ridicule him.
(b) Get him drunk so he misses the exam.
(c) Learn from him.
(d) Force him to go back home.
3. What happens when the ship leaves Juijiang?
(a) It is attacked by pirates.
(b) It is dead in the water as there is no breeze.
(c) It runs aground.
(d) It almost capsizes.
4. What does Chen apply to do in Tianquan?
(a) Study with a calligrapher.
(b) Go to a school there.
(c) Apply to take the district exams.
(d) Work with a potter.
5. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Turning away any families with elderly people.
(c) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
(d) Turning away any families with small children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chen pleased that Hong suggests going to Qufu?
2. What is Hong expected to do if he is caught on a mission for the White Lotus?
3. Who gives most of the scholars of the final exam their diplomas?
4. Who is the highest ranking minister below the emperor?
5. Why do Hong and Chen leave in haste for Beijing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)