|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 286-296.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lu angry?
(a) He has no money to buy alcohol.
(b) He believes he is being deserted.
(c) He was insulted by his brother.
(d) He has been reprimanded by the local Samurai.
2. What happens to Hong's money?
(a) Hong hides it in the bow.
(b) Hong holds it in his mouth.
(c) Hong drops it overboard hoping to recover it later.
(d) The pirates take it.
3. Why is Hong tortured?
(a) He angers the pirate leader.
(b) He tells them nothing about his letters or the White Lotus.
(c) He tried to protect Chen.
(d) He is captured by the Emperor's forces.
4. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
(a) More Chinese characters than most adults ever learn.
(b) To play the ruan.
(c) To write perfect haiku.
(d) To play the guzheng.
5. What is Hong doing while Chen participates in the banquet ceremonies?
(a) He is in the audience watching proudly.
(b) He is at a young woman's house whom he wishes to marry.
(c) He is inducted into the White Lotus.
(d) He is on his way home to take the good news to their village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the highest ranking minister below the emperor?
2. What does Lin Shi decide Hong and Chen are doing?
3. Who is Ye Pan?
4. Who is Yuying?
5. What does Hong do with the letters from Ye Pan and the one from Meng Dafu?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)