|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 253-269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lu angry?
(a) He was insulted by his brother.
(b) He has no money to buy alcohol.
(c) He believes he is being deserted.
(d) He has been reprimanded by the local Samurai.
2. Who are Fire Star and Dragon Legs?
(a) Two cats that live with Lao Hong.
(b) Lao Hong's crickets.
(c) Characters in a book Lao Hong has read 5 times.
(d) It is not mentioned who they are.
3. About what is Chen thinking as he returns to his home?
(a) Staying afloat on the water.
(b) Books and poetry.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) The test coming up next December.
4. What does Hong agree to do?
(a) Stop working in the rice paddies.
(b) Meet with the girl Bao has picked for him.
(c) Try to a position as a government employee.
(d) Give their father a small amount from his winnings.
5. What are Hong and Chen doing at the opening to this section?
(a) Eating with Landlord Ma's family.
(b) Sleeping in the forest.
(c) Entering Beijing.
(d) Walking away from Landlord Ma's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hong and Chen go after stopping in Wuhan?
2. What right does Chen earn?
3. Who does Hong say sent his regards to Ye Pan?
4. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
5. What is Hong doing while Chen participates in the banquet ceremonies?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)