|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 253-269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Chen returning?
(a) From swimming.
(b) From the Province capitol.
(c) From the rice paddies.
(d) From a visit with a scholar.
2. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
(a) Not having any money for a bribe.
(b) They will keep Hong from entering since Hong is not a scholar.
(c) Losing his jad ink stone.
(d) They will not believe he is a scholar.
3. Where do the brothers go after failing to find Meng Dafu?
4. Why does Chen stay outside the hall after Ding leaves?
(a) To congratulate several of the men.
(b) To see if his name is in the top five announced separately.
(c) To wait for Hong.
(d) To ask an examiner a question.
5. How does Chen calm himself as he prepares to take the exam?
(a) By meditation.
(b) By methodically preparing his ink and brushes.
(c) By pacing.
(d) By repeating a mantra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chen decide about Confucius?
2. Where is the person to get the letter living?
3. What does Chen apply to do in Tianquan?
4. Why are the examinees searched?
5. In what province do Lao Chen and Lao Hong live?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)