|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 253-269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen tell Hong about the time of his captivity with the pirates?
(a) That he was sometimes beaten by the pirates.
(b) That they asked him to read to them.
(c) That they fed him well.
(d) That they left him alone.
2. Who is Bao?
(a) Chen's older sister.
(b) Chen's youngest sister.
(c) Chen's grandmother.
(d) Chen's neighbor.
3. How do Chen and Hong cross the Yellow River?
(a) They are not able to cross it as it is too high.
(c) A rowboat.
4. What does Chen need that was difficult to get?
(b) A certification as to his schooling.
(c) A recommendation from someone with a good reputation.
(d) Money to pay for the examination.
5. About what is Chen thinking as he returns to his home?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) Staying afloat on the water.
(c) Books and poetry.
(d) The test coming up next December.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chen traveling?
2. Why is Chen pleased that Hong suggests going to Qufu?
3. What do the boys find when they arrive at Chengdu?
4. What does Chen say is the worst thing about his captivity?
5. Why is Chen treated differently than the other passengers?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)