|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 196-226.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Landlord Ma offer in order to convince Chen to marry his daughter?
(a) Access to a huge library.
2. What does Yeo do?
(a) Studies the sayings of Confucius.
(b) Is in the cavalry.
(c) Cooks onboard the sailing vessel.
(d) Carries mesages for the pirates.
3. Why does Chen meet secretly with Yuying?
(a) Because Meng has forbidden any contact with Yuying.
(b) He does not meet in secret with Yuying.
(c) Because of Meng's jealousy.
(d) Because Yuying is a wanted man.
4. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
(a) More Chinese characters than most adults ever learn.
(b) To play the ruan.
(c) To play the guzheng.
(d) To write perfect haiku.
5. For what did the local schoolmaster resent Chen?
(a) The attention he garnered in Chengdu.
(b) His effortless intelligence.
(c) His popularity with the other students.
(d) His priviledged position in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the examinees searched?
2. What happens to Hong's money?
3. How does Hong explain his choice to General Ma?
4. What does Chen need that was difficult to get?
5. Why does Chen accede to his school master's request?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)