|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 196-226.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
(a) Torture Chen.
(b) Torture Hong.
(c) Quiz Chen.
(d) Search their belongings.
2. What do Hong and Lu think is unlikely?
(a) That they will find a girl willing to come to a tiny village.
(b) That Hong will pass the exams.
(c) That either boy will return.
(d) That Chen will return to his native village.
3. What does Fei Qun ask of the person he visits?
(a) To apprentice to him as the next school master.
(b) To talk to Bao about marriage.
(c) To take a letter with him.
(d) Nothing; he's just saying goodbye.
4. Why doesn't Lao Hong give some of his prize money to his father?
(a) He hates his father.
(b) He wants to help his brother with the money.
(c) He does give some of the prize money to his father.
(d) His father said he does not want the money.
5. Who is the White Lotus?
(a) A group of scholars who study past Chinese dynasties.
(b) A Buddhist sect.
(c) A European group who devote their lives to the teachings of Confucius.
(d) A secret police group answerable to the Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the dangers of the river?
2. What does a grocer advise Chen after the second session of exams?
3. For what does Ye Pan praise Hong?
4. What does Hong worry about as he and Chen are walking?
5. Who kills Fire Star?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)