|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the two boys intend to go there?
(a) To light candles for their mother in the temple.
(b) To find a bride for Chen.
(c) To find a bride for their younger sister.
(d) So Chen can take the provincial exams.
2. Why are the examinees searched?
(a) To see if they are carrying any more ink than they are allowed.
(b) For cheating materials.
(c) To make sure they are carrying any bribe money.
(d) To see if they are male.
3. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
(a) To play the guzheng.
(b) To play the ruan.
(c) More Chinese characters than most adults ever learn.
(d) To write perfect haiku.
4. What does a grocer advise Chen after the second session of exams?
(a) Not to trust advice from others about passing the exams.
(b) To eat a hardy breakfast before going to the last day of exams.
(c) To get a good night's sleep rather than trying to study.
(d) To get his brother to watch his books for him.
5. From where is Chen returning?
(a) From a visit with a scholar.
(b) From the rice paddies.
(c) From the Province capitol.
(d) From swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Zhu Tong speak as an equal?
2. Where is the person to get the letter living?
3. Who is Wujiang?
4. Who is Zhu Tong?
5. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)