|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chen accede to his school master's request?
(a) Hong convinces him to do so.
(b) He is paid to do so.
(c) He does not agree.
2. What does Ye Pan give Hong before Hong leaves?
3. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
(a) Search their belongings.
(b) Torture Hong.
(c) Torture Chen.
(d) Quiz Chen.
4. What does a grocer advise Chen after the second session of exams?
(a) To eat a hardy breakfast before going to the last day of exams.
(b) To get his brother to watch his books for him.
(c) To get a good night's sleep rather than trying to study.
(d) Not to trust advice from others about passing the exams.
5. What is one thing that delights Hong about Chengdu?
(a) The street plays.
(b) The many temples.
(c) The mock sword fights in the streets.
(d) The variety of food for sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hong say sent his regards to Ye Pan?
2. Where do Chen and Hong tell Lao Lu they intend to go?
3. Who does Master Fei Qun visit?
4. What practice has Daiyun undergone?
5. What has Meng agreed to do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)