|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 103-126.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Turning away any families with elderly people.
(b) Turning away any families with small children.
(d) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
2. Why are the examinees searched?
(a) To make sure they are carrying any bribe money.
(b) To see if they are male.
(c) To see if they are carrying any more ink than they are allowed.
(d) For cheating materials.
3. Why does Chen stay outside the hall after Ding leaves?
(a) To congratulate several of the men.
(b) To see if his name is in the top five announced separately.
(c) To wait for Hong.
(d) To ask an examiner a question.
4. Who is Gao Shi?
(a) The chief examiner who offers to be Chen's mentor.
(b) Ding's best friend whose name is on the list.
(c) The prefect of the examiners.
(d) Hong's contact in the White Lotus.
5. From where is Chen returning?
(a) From a visit with a scholar.
(b) From the Province capitol.
(c) From the rice paddies.
(d) From swimming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Weijun?
2. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
3. What has Bao taken upon herself to do?
4. Who is Wujiang?
5. What does Fei Qun ask of the person he visits?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)