|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 83-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
(a) The boys will be whipped publicly.
(b) The boys will be released after a messenger goes to their village.
(c) The boys will be fined and let go.
(d) The boys will be hung.
2. What do Hong and Lu think is unlikely?
(a) That Chen will return to his native village.
(b) That Hong will pass the exams.
(c) That they will find a girl willing to come to a tiny village.
(d) That either boy will return.
3. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
(a) Torture Chen.
(b) Torture Hong.
(c) Quiz Chen.
(d) Search their belongings.
4. Where is the person to get the letter living?
5. To whom does Zhu Tong speak as an equal?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is Chen returning?
2. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
3. For what did the local schoolmaster resent Chen?
4. Who is the White Lotus?
5. Who is Zhu Tong?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)