|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 83-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relation between Lao Hong and Lao Chen?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are cousins.
2. Why is Lu angry?
(a) He was insulted by his brother.
(b) He has no money to buy alcohol.
(c) He has been reprimanded by the local Samurai.
(d) He believes he is being deserted.
3. What does Chen need that was difficult to get?
(b) A recommendation from someone with a good reputation.
(c) A certification as to his schooling.
(d) Money to pay for the examination.
4. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
(a) Quiz Chen.
(b) Torture Hong.
(c) Search their belongings.
(d) Torture Chen.
5. Why does the Magistrate let the boys go with no punishment?
(a) He receives a letter from the village mayor.
(b) He does not let them go.
(c) He is convinced Chen is a scholar.
(d) He feels sorry for them since their father is a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
2. To whom does Zhu Tong ask Hong to deliver a letter?
3. Where is the person to get the letter living?
4. Where are the highest government exams taken?
5. Who does Master Fei Qun visit?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)