|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 65-83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third son sometimes called?
(a) Brother Third.
(b) Just by his given name.
(c) Three Brother.
(d) Third Son.
2. Where are the highest government exams taken?
(a) The imperial palace in Beijing.
(b) In one's own hometown.
(c) In each province Capitol.
(d) In the largest city of a designated area.
3. Why did Chen go to from where he is returning?
(a) He works half a day to earn money to take exams.
(b) He went there to register.
(c) A scholar in a nearby town summons him.
(d) He is learning to swim.
4. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
(a) To play the guzheng.
(b) To play the ruan.
(c) To write perfect haiku.
(d) More Chinese characters than most adults ever learn.
5. Why is Daiyun upset with Chen?
(a) For leaving the village.
(b) For not asking her to marry him.
(c) For going off with Hong and not promising her a present.
(d) For not asking her to accompany him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Shen Ding taken the provincial exam before this time?
2. What does the magistrate not believe?
3. About what is Chen thinking as he returns to his home?
4. Where do Chen and Hong tell Lao Lu they intend to go?
5. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)