|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 65-83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did the local schoolmaster resent Chen?
(a) His priviledged position in the village.
(b) His effortless intelligence.
(c) The attention he garnered in Chengdu.
(d) His popularity with the other students.
2. Why do the two boys intend to go there?
(a) To light candles for their mother in the temple.
(b) To find a bride for their younger sister.
(c) So Chen can take the provincial exams.
(d) To find a bride for Chen.
3. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
(a) Torture Hong.
(b) Search their belongings.
(c) Torture Chen.
(d) Quiz Chen.
4. What has Bao taken upon herself to do?
(a) Find a husband for her younger sister.
(b) Send Chen to Hunan.
(c) Care for her father and brothers.
(d) Find a wife for Chen.
5. What right does Chen earn?
(a) To go to college.
(b) To negotiate his own position with the government.
(c) To wear special robes and a winged cap.
(d) To teach without schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
2. With what does Lao Chen show a remarkable ability when very young?
3. To what does the story flashback?
4. What has Chen done as a result of his mother's tutelage?
5. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)