|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Chen go to from where he is returning?
(a) He is learning to swim.
(b) A scholar in a nearby town summons him.
(c) He went there to register.
(d) He works half a day to earn money to take exams.
2. How old is Lao Hong?
3. For what did the local schoolmaster resent Chen?
(a) His effortless intelligence.
(b) His popularity with the other students.
(c) His priviledged position in the village.
(d) The attention he garnered in Chengdu.
4. What has Chen done as a result of his mother's tutelage?
(a) Written a musical score for the emperor.
(b) Created new strains of roses.
(c) Passed the first government examination for a position.
(d) Taught his cousin how to read and write.
5. With what does Lao Chen show a remarkable ability when very young?
(a) With growing flowers.
(b) With poetry.
(c) With languages.
(d) With music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bao?
2. For what is Lao Hong known?
3. What is the relation between Lao Hong and Lao Chen?
4. Why is Bao angry with Hong?
5. Who is the third son in the family?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)