|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 21-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen apply to do in Tianquan?
(a) Apply to take the district exams.
(b) Go to a school there.
(c) Work with a potter.
(d) Study with a calligrapher.
2. In what century is "The Examination" set?
3. Who does Bao ask to change Hong's mind?
(b) The village mayor.
(c) The village monk.
4. For what did the local schoolmaster resent Chen?
(a) His popularity with the other students.
(b) His effortless intelligence.
(c) The attention he garnered in Chengdu.
(d) His priviledged position in the village.
5. What does Hong agree to do?
(a) Stop working in the rice paddies.
(b) Try to a position as a government employee.
(c) Give their father a small amount from his winnings.
(d) Meet with the girl Bao has picked for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the highest government exams taken?
2. To what does the story flashback?
3. What does Chen need that was difficult to get?
4. Who is the third son in the family?
5. From where is Chen returning?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)