|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 253-269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Turning away any families with elderly people.
(b) Turning away any families with small children.
(c) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
2. What is Hong doing while Chen participates in the banquet ceremonies?
(a) He is on his way home to take the good news to their village.
(b) He is inducted into the White Lotus.
(c) He is at a young woman's house whom he wishes to marry.
(d) He is in the audience watching proudly.
3. What happens to Hong's money?
(a) Hong holds it in his mouth.
(b) Hong hides it in the bow.
(c) The pirates take it.
(d) Hong drops it overboard hoping to recover it later.
4. What is the palace examination?
(a) The exam taken by those who pass the municipal exam.
(b) A special exam for those over 30 years of age.
(c) A special exam for nobles.
(d) An exam for those who want to go into politics.
5. What are Hong and Chen doing at the opening to this section?
(a) Entering Beijing.
(b) Sleeping in the forest.
(c) Walking away from Landlord Ma's home.
(d) Eating with Landlord Ma's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bao ask to change Hong's mind?
2. What do Hong and Lu think is unlikely?
3. What does Lin Shi decide Hong and Chen are doing?
4. What is one thing that delights Hong about Chengdu?
5. Who is Sun Qi?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)