|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 65-83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Chen returning?
(a) From a visit with a scholar.
(b) From swimming.
(c) From the Province capitol.
(d) From the rice paddies.
2. Why did Chen go to from where he is returning?
(a) A scholar in a nearby town summons him.
(b) He works half a day to earn money to take exams.
(c) He is learning to swim.
(d) He went there to register.
3. In what province do Lao Chen and Lao Hong live?
4. What does the magistrate not believe?
(a) That Hong is a soldier.
(b) That the boys are going to Beijing.
(c) That Hong is a scholar.
(d) That Chen is a scholar.
5. For what did the local schoolmaster resent Chen?
(a) The attention he garnered in Chengdu.
(b) His priviledged position in the village.
(c) His popularity with the other students.
(d) His effortless intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third son sometimes called?
2. What are the customs officers doing?
3. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
4. To whom does Zhu Tong speak as an equal?
5. Why do the two boys intend to go there?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)