|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 65-83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relation between Lao Hong and Lao Chen?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are brothers.
2. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
(c) Turning away any families with small children.
(d) Turning away any families with elderly people.
3. What does the Magistrate decide to do to find out if the boys are who they say?
(a) Torture Hong.
(b) Search their belongings.
(c) Quiz Chen.
(d) Torture Chen.
4. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
(a) To play the guzheng.
(b) To write perfect haiku.
(c) To play the ruan.
(d) More Chinese characters than most adults ever learn.
5. About what is Chen thinking as he returns to his home?
(a) The test coming up next December.
(b) Staying afloat on the water.
(c) Books and poetry.
(d) He is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hong and Lu think is unlikely?
2. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
3. Why is Lu angry?
4. For what is Lao Hong known?
5. What is Chen able to do that surprises the Magistrate?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)