|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 65-83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what province do Lao Chen and Lao Hong live?
2. What do the boys find when they arrive at Chengdu?
(a) There is no one at the gates.
(b) A long line.
(c) The soldiers are not allowing anyone else in until the next day.
(d) The city is closed due to a plague.
3. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
(a) He thinks the letter Hong is carrying is about treason.
(b) He is suspicious of Chen being a charlaton.
(c) He thinks the letter Chen is carrying is about treason.
(d) Someone said the boys were taking rice out of the paddies.
4. What right does Chen earn?
(a) To negotiate his own position with the government.
(b) To wear special robes and a winged cap.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To teach without schooling.
5. Why is Daiyun upset with Chen?
(a) For not asking her to accompany him.
(b) For going off with Hong and not promising her a present.
(c) For not asking her to marry him.
(d) For leaving the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bao ask to change Hong's mind?
2. With what does Lao Chen show a remarkable ability when very young?
3. In what century is "The Examination" set?
4. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
5. Why is Lu angry?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)