|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 65-83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the third son in the family?
(a) Lao So.
(b) Lao Won.
(c) Lao Hong.
(d) Lao Chen.
2. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
(a) He thinks the letter Chen is carrying is about treason.
(b) He thinks the letter Hong is carrying is about treason.
(c) Someone said the boys were taking rice out of the paddies.
(d) He is suspicious of Chen being a charlaton.
3. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
(a) His letter from his father.
(b) His examination appointment.
(c) His letter from his school master.
(d) His diploma.
4. What practice has Daiyun undergone?
(a) Rites promising her to the temple as a servant.
(b) Hand sculpting.
(d) Feet binding.
5. Why do the two boys intend to go there?
(a) To light candles for their mother in the temple.
(b) So Chen can take the provincial exams.
(c) To find a bride for Chen.
(d) To find a bride for their younger sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chen accede to his school master's request?
2. What has Bao taken upon herself to do?
3. Why is Lu angry?
4. Why did Chen go to from where he is returning?
5. To whom does Zhu Tong speak as an equal?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)