|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143-164.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the examinees searched?
(a) To see if they are male.
(b) For cheating materials.
(c) To make sure they are carrying any bribe money.
(d) To see if they are carrying any more ink than they are allowed.
2. Where do Chen and Hong tell Lao Lu they intend to go?
3. To what does the story flashback?
(a) To Lu's wife dying.
(b) To the story of how Chen is invited to take the exam.
(c) To Bao's marriage.
(d) To Lu's marriage.
4. Who is Bao?
(a) Chen's older sister.
(b) Chen's neighbor.
(c) Chen's youngest sister.
(d) Chen's grandmother.
5. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Turning away any families with small children.
(b) Turning away any families with elderly people.
(c) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hong and Chen go after stopping in Wuhan?
2. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
3. From where is Chen returning?
4. Who is impressed by Chen's robes?
5. Why is Bao angry with Hong?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)