|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143-164.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the dangers of the river?
2. What does the magistrate not believe?
(a) That Hong is a soldier.
(b) That Chen is a scholar.
(c) That Hong is a scholar.
(d) That the boys are going to Beijing.
3. Where do Hong and Chen go after stopping in Wuhan?
(a) They return home.
(b) They stay in Wuhan for more exams.
(d) They return to Chongqing.
4. What does Landlord Ma offer in order to convince Chen to marry his daughter?
(a) Access to a huge library.
5. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
(a) The boys will be released after a messenger goes to their village.
(b) The boys will be fined and let go.
(c) The boys will be hung.
(d) The boys will be whipped publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lin Shi decide Hong and Chen are doing?
2. What does Chen apply to do in Tianquan?
3. Who is Hong observing to decide if the man can be trusted?
4. Where is Chongquing?
5. Why did Chen go to from where he is returning?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)