|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 143-164.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chen able to do that surprises the Magistrate?
(a) Quote literature passages from memory.
(b) Add large sums of money in his head.
(c) Write calligraphy.
(d) Write a haiku poem in less than a minute.
2. Who is impressed by Chen's robes?
(a) The sailors.
(b) The pirates.
(c) No one.
(d) The Captain's daughter.
3. Why do the two boys intend to go there?
(a) So Chen can take the provincial exams.
(b) To light candles for their mother in the temple.
(c) To find a bride for Chen.
(d) To find a bride for their younger sister.
4. What right does Chen earn?
(a) To wear special robes and a winged cap.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To negotiate his own position with the government.
(d) To teach without schooling.
5. What happens when the ship is traveling on an especially treacherous stretch of the river?
(a) Lin Shi's daughter is knocked overboard.
(b) The first mate falls overboard and drowns.
(c) Lin Shi is knocked overboard.
(d) The ship springs a leak and they have to off load.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who searches the passengers of the boat?
2. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
3. Who is Bao?
4. What does Hong do with the letters from Ye Pan and the one from Meng Dafu?
5. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)