|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 226-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the customs officers doing?
(a) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
(b) Turning away any families with elderly people.
(c) Turning away any families with small children.
2. Who is Wei Xi?
(a) The great-grandson of Confusius.
(b) A teacher in Beijing.
(c) The main examiner in Beijing.
(d) The secretary who oversees the mansion and grounds dedicated to Confusius.
3. Why does the Magistrate let the boys go with no punishment?
(a) He feels sorry for them since their father is a drunk.
(b) He receives a letter from the village mayor.
(c) He is convinced Chen is a scholar.
(d) He does not let them go.
4. What do Hong and Chen travel on towards Beijing?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The Yangtze River.
(c) A dusty road.
(d) The Grand Canal.
5. Where are Hong and Chen housed in Beijing?
(a) In a tent in a field outside of the city.
(b) A small inn near the edge of the city.
(c) An old widow's home.
(d) A village with other scholars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the town of Qufu?
2. How do Chen and Hong cross the Yellow River?
3. What is Chen able to do that surprises the Magistrate?
4. Who is Lin Shi?
5. What does the magistrate not believe?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)