|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 226-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
(a) His examination appointment.
(b) His letter from his school master.
(c) His letter from his father.
(d) His diploma.
2. What do Hong and Chen do in Chongqing?
(a) Send a message to Lu.
(b) Purchase passage to Wuhan.
(c) Work for several weeks to earn money.
(d) Meet up with Ding again.
3. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
(a) He is suspicious of Chen being a charlaton.
(b) He thinks the letter Hong is carrying is about treason.
(c) Someone said the boys were taking rice out of the paddies.
(d) He thinks the letter Chen is carrying is about treason.
4. What do the boys find when they arrive at Chengdu?
(a) The soldiers are not allowing anyone else in until the next day.
(b) There is no one at the gates.
(c) A long line.
(d) The city is closed due to a plague.
5. What does the magistrate not believe?
(a) That Hong is a scholar.
(b) That Hong is a soldier.
(c) That the boys are going to Beijing.
(d) That Chen is a scholar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Landlord Ma do when he gets upset with Chen?
2. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
3. Who is Wei Xi?
4. Where are Hong and Chen housed in Beijing?
5. Why does Hong shake his walking stick at two men?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)