|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 226-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chen worry about concerning the customs officers?
(a) Not having any money for a bribe.
(b) They will not believe he is a scholar.
(c) They will keep Hong from entering since Hong is not a scholar.
(d) Losing his jad ink stone.
2. What is Chen able to do that surprises the Magistrate?
(a) Quote literature passages from memory.
(b) Add large sums of money in his head.
(c) Write calligraphy.
(d) Write a haiku poem in less than a minute.
3. Why does Hong shake his walking stick at two men?
(a) They are threatening a young woman.
(b) They want Chen's robes.
(c) They are threatening an elderly woman.
(d) They want to rob him for food.
4. How do Chen and Hong cross the Yellow River?
(a) They are not able to cross it as it is too high.
(b) A rowboat.
5. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
(a) The boys will be released after a messenger goes to their village.
(b) The boys will be hung.
(c) The boys will be fined and let go.
(d) The boys will be whipped publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chen pleased that Hong suggests going to Qufu?
2. Why are Chen and Hong in the custody of the magistrate?
3. Where is Chongquing?
4. What do Hong and Chen travel on towards Beijing?
5. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)