|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 226-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
(a) The boys will be whipped publicly.
(b) The boys will be released after a messenger goes to their village.
(c) The boys will be fined and let go.
(d) The boys will be hung.
2. Who is Lin Shi?
(a) An old merchant who has traveled the river for years.
(b) Chen's mentor's father.
(c) The captain of the sailing vessel.
(d) Hong's contact in the White Lotus in Chongqing.
3. What are Hong and Chen doing at the opening to this section?
(a) Eating with Landlord Ma's family.
(b) Sleeping in the forest.
(c) Walking away from Landlord Ma's home.
(d) Entering Beijing.
4. What is significant about the town of Qufu?
(b) It is the last town before Beijing.
(c) It is the burial place for the Buddha.
(d) The tomb of Confucius is there.
5. What happens when the ship is traveling on an especially treacherous stretch of the river?
(a) The first mate falls overboard and drowns.
(b) The ship springs a leak and they have to off load.
(c) Lin Shi's daughter is knocked overboard.
(d) Lin Shi is knocked overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hong and Chen travel on towards Beijing?
2. What do Hong and Chen give two woman sitting near a farmhouse?
3. What does the magistrate not believe?
4. What does Landlord Ma offer in order to convince Chen to marry his daughter?
5. Why is Chen pleased that Hong suggests going to Qufu?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)