|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 226-253.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the customs officers doing?
(b) Turning away any families with small children.
(c) Taking valuables from the new arrivals.
(d) Turning away any families with elderly people.
2. Why are the examinees searched?
(a) For cheating materials.
(b) To see if they are carrying any more ink than they are allowed.
(c) To make sure they are carrying any bribe money.
(d) To see if they are male.
3. Why is Chen pleased that Hong suggests going to Qufu?
(a) He wants to study a little before reaching Beijing.
(b) He wants to visit the place that honors his ancient teacher.
(c) He is not pleased as he wants to get to Beijing quickly.
(d) He knows a young lady there.
4. Who is Sun Qi?
(a) A Red Horseman.
(b) A scholar there to take the examination.
(c) A servant to Wei Xi.
(d) A magister.
5. What is Chen unable to find to help the boys out of their dilemma?
(a) His letter from his school master.
(b) His examination appointment.
(c) His diploma.
(d) His letter from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Landlord Ma offer in order to convince Chen to marry his daughter?
2. What does the magistrate say will happen the next day?
3. Where is Chongquing?
4. About what are Hong and Chen warned?
5. How many times has Shen Ding taken the provincial exam before this time?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)