1. What is the relation between Lao Hong and Lao Chen?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are best friends.
2. How old is Lao Hong?
3. Who is the third son in the family?
(a) Lao Won.
(b) Lao Chen.
(c) Lao So.
(d) Lao Hong.
4. What is the third son sometimes called?
(a) Three Brother.
(b) Just by his given name.
(c) Brother Third.
(d) Third Son.
5. With what does Lao Chen show a remarkable ability when very young?
(a) With growing flowers.
(b) With music.
(c) With poetry.
(d) With languages.
6. What did Lao Chen learn by age four?
(a) To play the ruan.
(b) To play the guzheng.
(c) To write perfect haiku.
(d) More Chinese characters than most adults ever learn.
7. In what province do Lao Chen and Lao Hong live?
8. In what century is "The Examination" set?
9. How has Lao Chen's father lost his money?
(a) He never had much money.
(b) Bad crops several years in a row.
(c) His second wife's family.
(d) Drinking and gambling.
This section contains 4,982 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)