|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion: The Summary of This Book and Appendices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personage from Troy does Chesterton say created an archetype and impacted history?
2. How does Chesterton characterize the approach of Hannibal to Rome?
(a) Like a dark supernatural power.
(b) Riding on the glory of the gods.
(c) Like the reckoning for unholiness.
(d) Like a hot knife slicing through the resistance.
3. How does Chesterton say a myth must be appreciated?
(a) With a poetical, childlike attitude.
(c) In context of the people who created it.
(d) As hints of a fundamental belief.
4. What kind of paganism does Chesterton say they practiced in Rome?
(a) The best kind.
(b) The kind that is more human than godly.
(c) The forgotten kind.
(d) The worst kind.
5. What form of humanity does Chesterton claim is the unit of the state, or the cell that makes up the formation?
(b) Male lineage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chesterton, how much did the philosophies of the great thinkers like Aristotle influence the religious spirit of the time?
2. Chesterton claims the holy trinity is an upside version of what?
3. What does Chesterton say is missing from the popular depiction of prehistory?
4. Which of the following is a statement Chesterton makes about early Christianity?
5. What aspect of the cave-man does Chesterton find greatly important?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)