|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: On the Man Called Christ, Chapter IV: The Witness of the Heretics.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chesterton say is strong roots for humanity?
(b) Links to our agrarian past.
(c) Having foes to keep us united.
(d) Religious meeting places.
2. To what description of the life of the cave-man does Chesterton especially object?
(a) Their pagan worship.
(b) Their proximity to apes.
(c) All of these.
(d) The suggested violence of men to women.
3. What does Chesterton bring up as a strange part of the story of the New Testament?
(a) The missing 30 years in Jesus's life.
(b) The references to the passing of time.
(c) The miracles.
(d) The trial and punishment.
4. What side of Christ does Chesterton say the church emphasizes?
(a) The meek and mild one.
(b) The wrathful one.
(c) The link to God.
(d) The sufferer.
5. How does Chesterton summarize the substance of pagan beliefs and mythologies?
(a) Devoid of depth.
(b) The worshipping of pieces of God.
(c) An attempt to reach divine reality through the imagination.
(d) Colorful forms of entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chesterton interpret the title of the book, "The Evolution of the Idea of God"?
2. How is the creed of Jesus like a key, according to Chesterton?
3. What does Chesterton say has been done too much to mythologies of the world?
4. According to Chesterton, what are the very important images upon which Christ founded the church?
5. Which of the following is NOT a statement Chesterton makes?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)