|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: On the Creature Called Man, Chapter IV: God and Comparative Religion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What importance does Chesterton give to the pace at which things go?
(a) A fast pace makes things seem like a miracle.
(b) The pace at which things go determines their importance and influence.
(c) The real question is in why they go at all.
(d) The pace at which things go makes no difference on how we perceive them.
2. What aspect of the cave-man does Chesterton find greatly important?
(b) The artistry of cave drawings.
(c) The huge difference between cave men and apes.
(d) The emergence of religion.
3. What commonality does Chesterton give to the three elements from which religion supposedly arose?
(a) All of these.
(b) They each had direct influence on the well being of the people.
(c) They already carried a mystical sentiment.
(d) They had to do with life and death.
4. Who does Chesterton claim to be the best judge of Christianity?
(a) An agnostic.
(b) A Confucian.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A Christian.
5. What form of humanity does Chesterton claim is the unit of the state, or the cell that makes up the formation?
(b) Male lineage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chesterton say is the real rival to the the Church of Christ?
2. Why does Chesterton claim that some people have difficulty perceiving Christianity correctly?
3. What does Chesterton say about epochs of nomadism or matriarchy in history and prehistory?
4. What does Chesterton compare to the variation found in cheeses or wine?
5. What place does Chesterton say was the center of antiquity?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)