|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ____________, the French, under Jean Ribaut, founded a colony at Port Royal, which was north of present day St. Augustine.
2. Some of the Indians were sold into slavery by whom?
(a) The Portuguese.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Dutch.
3. The Indians were forced to move further __________.
4. Spain obtained control of Florida again after what?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Blackhawk War.
(d) The War of 1812.
5. The French and _____________ had established settlements in the Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ______________ settled around the great central lake.
2. The priests would have been killed by the Indians if who hadn't stopped them?
3. Why did Carlos send another relative and two young Indians to Havana?
4. Maps drawn in the early ______________ suggested the existence of Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Florida, but they were wrong in their estimated distances.
5. The rains begin in ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Carlos give Menendez as a wife? Why?
2. Describe and explain the relationship between the Indians and blacks.
3. From where did the Indians of Florida originate? How did their adjustment to living in Florida compare to that of the animals?
4. Describe the first Indians in Florida. How do they compare to other tribes around the U.S?
5. What takes place in Chapter Nine? Why does this take place?
6. Describe the treaties signed by the Indians. Why did they sign these treaties?
7. How were the Native Americans treated by the European countries who sent out explorers? Why?
8. Where are the Everglades located? Why is this important to this book?
9. How did animals end up, and stay, in Florida? How did this affect the various species?
10. How did the Indians react to the arrival of these Europeans?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)