|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both blacks and Indians had been given freedom and citizenship by Spanish Florida causing problems between Spanish and ___________ America that would continue for more than one hundred years.
2. In the end, did Menendez achieve leadership in Florida?
3. Maps drawn in the early ______________ suggested the existence of Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Florida, but they were wrong in their estimated distances.
4. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
5. There are rivers and other small creeks that flow into what lake?
(a) Lake Adelaide.
(b) Lake Isis.
(c) Lake Okeechobee.
(d) Lake Norris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
2. The Indians would be subdued if they refused to do what?
3. What was unique about the return trip to Europe?
4. For the next __________ hundred years, the Indians of Florida were left alone.
5. Why did Carlos send another relative and two young Indians to Havana?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where does the name 'Everglades' come? How is this similar to the Indian name? How are these names fitting for this region?
2. Who did Carlos give Menendez as a wife? Why?
3. Describe the funeral customs of the Tekesta. Why might they have done this?
4. What did Hernando de Soto govern? How well might he have governed? Why?
5. What is the Age of Exploration? Why did it take place?
6. Why was no one able to lead the Indians?
7. Describe the first Indians in Florida. How do they compare to other tribes around the U.S?
8. Describe the Indian tribes now living in Florida.
9. How successful were the French in Florida? Why?
10. Why did Jesuits arrive in Florida? How successful were they? Why?
This section contains 1,224 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)