|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In North and South America.
(b) In North America and Mexico.
(c) In Central America and Mexico.
(d) In South American and Central America.
2. Some of the Indians were sold into slavery by whom?
(a) The British.
(b) The French.
(c) The Portuguese.
(d) The Dutch.
3. Carlos gave who to be the wife of Menendez?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His niece.
(d) His mother.
4. What happened to one of the priests?
(a) He became ill.
(b) He became lost.
(c) He was tortured.
(d) He was killed.
5. New technology resulted in navigation equipment like compasses and astrolabes, even though they had few _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Indians were forced to move further __________.
2. He set out with a fleet of ___________ ships and took possession of the territory.
3. After the explorers reached Mexico and its riches, only ________________ was interested in Florida.
4. How are these rivers and creeks formed?
5. In Florida, Menendez asked Carlos if he was prepared to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe and explain the relationship between the Indians and blacks.
2. Describe the treaties signed by the Indians. Why did they sign these treaties?
3. Describe the explorations of Christopher Columbus. How did inaccurate maps play a role in the discovery of the Americas?
4. What is the Age of Exploration? Why did it take place?
5. Describe Menendez and his tactics when dealing with others. Would this be tolerated today? Why or why not?
6. How did the Indians react to the arrival of these Europeans?
7. Why did Juan Ponce de Leon decide to leave Florida? What does this reveal about many explorers at this time?
8. Who did Carlos give Menendez as a wife? Why?
9. Describe the Floridian Plateau. How does this make it a plateau?
10. How were the Indians affected by the arrival of the white man?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)