|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the explorers reached Mexico and its riches, only ________________ was interested in Florida.
(a) Marco Polo.
(b) Giovanni de Plano Carpini.
(c) Juan Ponce de Leon.
(d) Vadino Vivaldi.
2. Boats frequently left ____________ for Florida and the Indians would wait for them.
(a) St. George's.
3. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His brother.
4. Man did not originate in the Everglades or Florida. The Indians moved to Florida. In the beginning, there were how many races?
5. The Mikasukis and the _______________ did not get along and they didn't have much to do with the escaped slaves.
6. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In North and South America.
(b) In Central America and Mexico.
(c) In North America and Mexico.
(d) In South American and Central America.
7. What was unique about the return trip to Europe?
(a) The Indians were the first to steer a ship.
(b) The explorers got lost.
(c) The explorers did not bring any captives.
(d) The Indians who traveled with them were the first Indians to travel to Europe.
8. This rock structure is referred to as the Floridian ____________.
9. The _______________ settled on the Eastern coast of Southern Florida.
10. Why did Carlos send another relative and two young Indians to Havana?
(a) To bring Menendez back to him.
(b) To be converted.
(c) To buy him land.
(d) To secure his place as leader of Cuba.
11. The area receives an average of ________________ inches of rainfall per year.
12. The French were eventually chased out by _________________________ who eventually came to control Florida.
(a) Menendez de Aviles.
(b) Menendez de Ramírez.
(c) Menendez de García.
(d) Menendez de López.
13. Did Carlos release the captives?
(a) Yes, but he soon caught them again.
(b) Yes, but not for several months.
14. What happened to one of the priests?
(a) He became ill.
(b) He became lost.
(c) He was tortured.
(d) He was killed.
15. He set out with a fleet of ___________ ships and took possession of the territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first group of Indians were the _________ and they settled the area between the Ten Thousand Islands and Cape Sable.
2. Many of the ships were wrecked. Why?
3. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
4. The Indians were descended from ________________.
5. Their homes were built on ________________ and consisted of platforms and roofs.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)