|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They had no metals or flints to work with, only _________.
2. Who was killed trying to settle Florida?
(a) De Plano Carpini.
(c) De Leon.
3. The Indians were descended from ________________.
4. The Indians would be subdued if they refused to do what?
(a) Move farther south.
(b) Fight against the Spanish.
(c) Become Christians and submit to the Spanish king.
(d) Move farther west.
5. In 1492, Spain sponsored an expedition by Admiral Christopher Columbus who would sail west to reach _________.
(a) North America.
(b) South America.
6. When does another rainy season begin?
(a) August or September.
(b) June or July.
(c) September or October.
(d) July or August.
7. This rock structure is referred to as the Floridian ____________.
8. Colonies were established in various parts of the world as a result of what?
(a) Air travel.
(b) The railroad.
(c) New roads.
(d) Sea travel.
9. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His brother.
10. The ______________ found a group of shipwrecked Spanish on the beach.
11. A group led by Captain James Moore moved from ________________ to the Everglades, taking Indians captive for the slave trade.
(b) New York.
12. Why did many of the Indians die?
(a) As a result of war.
(b) As a result of the diseases of the white man.
(c) As a result of malnourishment.
(d) As a result of stress and fear caused by the white man.
13. He reached ____________ and felt that his final destination was just beyond.
(b) The Bahamas.
14. The Indians who settled in Florida came from west of the Mississippi and spoke what language?
15. The first group of Indians were the _________ and they settled the area between the Ten Thousand Islands and Cape Sable.
Short Answer Questions
1. The French and _____________ had established settlements in the Americas.
2. The Indians were forced to sign the Treaty of ___________ Landing.
3. What happens when the rain stops?
4. There was an Indian __________ business and many smugglers.
5. The Mikasukis and the _______________ did not get along and they didn't have much to do with the escaped slaves.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)