|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In North America and Mexico.
(b) In North and South America.
(c) In Central America and Mexico.
(d) In South American and Central America.
2. Man did not originate in the Everglades or Florida. The Indians moved to Florida. In the beginning, there were how many races?
3. Their homes were built on ________________ and consisted of platforms and roofs.
(a) Poles or pilings.
(c) Straw mats.
4. How many days does it usually rain in a row?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once per week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once every other week.
5. Since Florida is a peninsula, what happened to the animals that migrated there?
(a) They swam away.
(b) They turned around and returned home.
(c) They were trapped.
(d) They died.
6. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
(a) Afanasy Nikitin.
(b) Ma Huan.
(c) Panfilo de Narvaez.
(d) Zheng He.
7. How are these rivers and creeks formed?
(a) From yearly snowfall.
(b) From rain water and springs.
(c) From many hurricanes.
(d) From mountain streams.
8. The ________________ lived along the mountains between the Gulf and the Atlantic.
9. The ______________ settled around the great central lake.
10. There are usually ________________ in late September and October.
(a) Snow storms.
11. Colonies were established in various parts of the world as a result of what?
(a) The railroad.
(b) Air travel.
(c) New roads.
(d) Sea travel.
12. The Spanish priests continued to try to do what?
(a) Educate the Indian children.
(b) Marry the whites with to the Indians.
(c) Hold mass.
(d) Convert the Indians.
13. They began to hypothesize that the world was what?
14. The priests would have been killed by the Indians if who hadn't stopped them?
(a) Captain Hook.
(b) Captain Cook.
(c) Captain Reynoso.
(d) Captain Suarez.
15. Maps drawn in the early ______________ suggested the existence of Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Florida, but they were wrong in their estimated distances.
Short Answer Questions
1. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
2. Menendez returned once more to Florida, this time with ___________ Jesuits.
3. The Indians who settled in Florida came from west of the Mississippi and spoke what language?
4. In ___________, America purchased Florida from the Spanish.
5. The rains begin in ________________.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)