|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the tribes moved further south, they adopted the habits of the ____________.
2. The Mikasukis and the _______________ did not get along and they didn't have much to do with the escaped slaves.
3. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
4. Who was killed trying to settle Florida?
(a) De Leon.
(b) De Plano Carpini.
5. The ________________ lived along the mountains between the Gulf and the Atlantic.
6. Why did the Americans sign many treaties with the Indians?
(a) They wanted to cooperate with the Indians.
(b) They wanted to be fair to the Indians.
(c) They wanted the Indian land.
(d) They wanted peace with the Indians.
7. The Indians were descended from ________________.
8. The Seminoles were the Indians of _______________ Florida.
9. The rains begin in ________________.
(a) May or June.
(b) March or April.
(c) April or May.
(d) June or July.
10. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
(a) Zheng He.
(b) Panfilo de Narvaez.
(c) Afanasy Nikitin.
(d) Ma Huan.
11. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In South American and Central America.
(b) In North and South America.
(c) In Central America and Mexico.
(d) In North America and Mexico.
12. What happened to one of the priests?
(a) He became lost.
(b) He was tortured.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He became ill.
13. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
14. Carlos gave who to be the wife of Menendez?
(a) His niece.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
15. Did Carlos release the captives?
(a) Yes, but not for several months.
(b) Yes, but he soon caught them again.
Short Answer Questions
1. These people are believed to have arrived in the Everglades around ________ AD.
2. After the explorers reached Mexico and its riches, only ________________ was interested in Florida.
3. The French were eventually chased out by _________________________ who eventually came to control Florida.
4. The maps they made contained many errors. Why?
5. How long does the rain last?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)