|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. New technology resulted in navigation equipment like compasses and astrolabes, even though they had few _________.
2. The ___________ tribe settled in the area around Tallahassee.
3. Eventually the first canal was dredged by _________________.
(a) Hamilton Disston.
(b) Henry Deveau.
(c) Hank Dillon.
(d) Harrison DeVane.
4. The Everglades __________ Act was created in 1994.
(b) River of Grass.
5. The survivors were taken to _________________ while the Indians retreated into the Everglades.
(c) Ft. Lauderdale.
(d) St. Augustine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their homes were built on ________________ and consisted of platforms and roofs.
2. A thirteen-year-old boy named Escalante de Fonteneda remained with the Indians for how many years?
3. People moved into the Everglades. How did they live with the Indians?
4. The surveyors entered ___________________ in the Everglades which violated the treaty with the Indians.
5. In _________, the whites began to move back into the settlements.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)