|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually Billy Bowlegs and others were offered money to leave Florida. Where did they go after they accepted the money?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
2. The __________ industry in the area contributed to Lake Okeechobee's pollution.
3. How did Menendez secure the release of all of the captives?
(a) By killing Chief Carlos.
(b) By giving Chief Carlos a great deal of money.
(c) By raiding Chief Carlos' ship and freeing the captives.
(d) By inviting Chief Carlos and twenty of his men to dinner on his boat and sailing to the open sea telling the Indians that they would be released when the captives were released.
4. The _______________ settled on the Eastern coast of Southern Florida.
5. When Menendez explained he could not be with a non-Christian woman, Carlos said to do what?
(a) Find a new wife.
(b) Make her Christian.
(c) Pretend she was a Christian.
(d) Forget being a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
2. This rock structure is referred to as the Floridian ____________.
3. Maps drawn in the early ______________ suggested the existence of Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Florida, but they were wrong in their estimated distances.
4. A base was established near them in 1838 and Dr. Henry Perrine received a __________________ thousand acre grant to develop tropical plants.
5. They began to hypothesize that the world was what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)