|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boats frequently left ____________ for Florida and the Indians would wait for them.
(a) St. George's.
2. Eventually the first canal was dredged by _________________.
(a) Hamilton Disston.
(b) Henry Deveau.
(c) Harrison DeVane.
(d) Hank Dillon.
3. ____________________ set up a company to obtain land grants in the Everglades.
(a) William H. Glenn.
(b) William H. Gleason.
(c) William H. Green.
(d) William H. Graham.
4. There was a quarantine that stopped everything but what in Miami?
(a) The night clubs.
(b) Real estate activity.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The shipping industry.
5. The Mikasukis and the _______________ did not get along and they didn't have much to do with the escaped slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ purchased bankrupt Southern Railroads and planned a railroad from Sanford to Tampa.
2. The residents prospered with much of the work being performed by whom?
3. The Everglades still has problems, as does the rest of the area, because of what?
4. When was rum running popular?
5. Why did most European immigrants go further west?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)