|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The waters are now affected by what?
(c) Pollution and industrial waste.
(d) Low amounts of rainfall.
2. People moved into the Everglades. How did they live with the Indians?
(a) In separate, guarded communities.
(c) Not well.
(d) Peacefully for only a couple of years.
3. Environmentalists felt who should bear most of the costs?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The sugar industry.
(c) The people of Florida.
(d) The government.
4. What was an important industry for the cities?
(c) Coal mining.
5. Both blacks and Indians had been given freedom and citizenship by Spanish Florida causing problems between Spanish and ___________ America that would continue for more than one hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. He set out with a fleet of ___________ ships and took possession of the territory.
2. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
3. When the fields were ______________, they built a dike and tried planting the cane again.
4. Mail delivery developed slowly first by foot, and then by wagon and ____________.
5. What happens when the rain stops?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)