|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Indians make a living?
(a) By capturing wild animals and selling them to zoos and circuses.
(b) By selling Indian souvenirs.
(c) By selling alcohol.
(d) By capturing birds and selling them to Havana.
2. Mail delivery developed slowly first by foot, and then by wagon and ____________.
3. The Age of Exploration began as Europeans looked for a way of reaching what?
(b) The Americas.
4. What had happened to the person Menendez was looking for?
(a) He had been severely wounded.
(b) She had been severely wounded.
(c) She had not survived.
(d) He had not survived.
5. How are these rivers and creeks formed?
(a) From rain water and springs.
(b) From yearly snowfall.
(c) From many hurricanes.
(d) From mountain streams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
2. The first group of Indians were the _________ and they settled the area between the Ten Thousand Islands and Cape Sable.
3. In Florida, Menendez asked Carlos if he was prepared to do what?
4. When the Indians attacked ______________ Key, Perrine was killed but his wife and children escaped.
5. People were now interested in making a life in other parts of Florida, mainly where?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)