|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _______________ settled on the Eastern coast of Southern Florida.
2. A young nobleman named ________________ was rescued by an Indian maiden and lived among the Indians.
(a) Afonso IV.
(b) Juan Ortiz.
(c) Manuel Pessanha.
(d) Prester John.
3. The Indians would be subdued if they refused to do what?
(a) Move farther south.
(b) Fight against the Spanish.
(c) Move farther west.
(d) Become Christians and submit to the Spanish king.
4. There are rivers and other small creeks that flow into what lake?
(a) Lake Norris.
(b) Lake Adelaide.
(c) Lake Isis.
(d) Lake Okeechobee.
5. The Spanish gave up Florida in exchange for Havana in ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. He set out with a fleet of ___________ ships and took possession of the territory.
2. The Indians who settled in Florida came from west of the Mississippi and spoke what language?
3. What happens when the rain stops?
4. Who was the first to reach Florida?
5. Rock lies below the water of Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades. The rock is ________________ and is usually not exposed unless there is a drought.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)