|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos gave who to be the wife of Menendez?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His niece.
2. Why did the Americans sign many treaties with the Indians?
(a) They wanted to cooperate with the Indians.
(b) They wanted the Indian land.
(c) They wanted to be fair to the Indians.
(d) They wanted peace with the Indians.
3. Did Carlos release the captives?
(a) Yes, but not for several months.
(d) Yes, but he soon caught them again.
4. The survivors were taken to _________________ while the Indians retreated into the Everglades.
(b) Ft. Lauderdale.
(d) St. Augustine.
5. When does another rainy season begin?
(a) July or August.
(b) August or September.
(c) June or July.
(d) September or October.
Short Answer Questions
1. These men continued to purchase railroads. Why?
2. The first group of Indians were the _________ and they settled the area between the Ten Thousand Islands and Cape Sable.
3. By ___________, the government was told that Disston would not be able to drain all of the Everglades.
4. Colonies were established in various parts of the world as a result of what?
5. The ________________ lived along the mountains between the Gulf and the Atlantic.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)