|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII and IX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are these rivers and creeks formed?
(a) From many hurricanes.
(b) From mountain streams.
(c) From yearly snowfall.
(d) From rain water and springs.
2. These people are believed to have arrived in the Everglades around ________ AD.
3. Menendez renamed the woman Dona ______________.
4. When does another rainy season begin?
(a) September or October.
(b) August or September.
(c) June or July.
(d) July or August.
5. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In North and South America.
(b) In Central America and Mexico.
(c) In North America and Mexico.
(d) In South American and Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the explorers reached Mexico and its riches, only ________________ was interested in Florida.
2. They began to hypothesize that the world was what?
3. In 1492, Spain sponsored an expedition by Admiral Christopher Columbus who would sail west to reach _________.
4. The Indians who settled in Florida came from west of the Mississippi and spoke what language?
5. The French and _____________ had established settlements in the Americas.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)