|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are usually ________________ in late September and October.
(c) Snow storms.
2. On the East coast, they boiled the flesh from the bones, tied the bones together and added them to what?
(a) The sea.
(b) The bones of the older generation.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A stew.
3. When does another rainy season begin?
(a) July or August.
(b) August or September.
(c) June or July.
(d) September or October.
4. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
5. The maps they made contained many errors. Why?
(a) They were not very intelligent.
(b) They were very careless.
(c) They did not have the precision instruments required to correctly determine latitude and longitude.
(d) They did not find maps to be of much importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did many of the Indians die?
2. A group led by Captain James Moore moved from ________________ to the Everglades, taking Indians captive for the slave trade.
3. The ______________ settled around the great central lake.
4. How did Menendez secure the release of all of the captives?
5. The ______________ found a group of shipwrecked Spanish on the beach.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)