|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. New technology resulted in navigation equipment like compasses and astrolabes, even though they had few _________.
2. The area receives an average of ________________ inches of rainfall per year.
3. On the East coast, they boiled the flesh from the bones, tied the bones together and added them to what?
(a) The sea.
(b) A coffin.
(c) The bones of the older generation.
(d) A stew.
4. The _______________ settled on the Eastern coast of Southern Florida.
5. The maps they made contained many errors. Why?
(a) They were not very intelligent.
(b) They did not have the precision instruments required to correctly determine latitude and longitude.
(c) They did not find maps to be of much importance.
(d) They were very careless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Their homes were built on ________________ and consisted of platforms and roofs.
2. He reached ____________ and felt that his final destination was just beyond.
3. Maps drawn in the early ______________ suggested the existence of Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Florida, but they were wrong in their estimated distances.
4. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
5. Who was the first to reach Florida?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)