|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was killed trying to settle Florida?
(a) De Leon.
(c) De Plano Carpini.
2. Many of the ships were wrecked. Why?
3. There was an Indian __________ business and many smugglers.
(d) Indentured servent.
4. There are usually ________________ in late September and October.
(a) Snow storms.
5. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
Short Answer Questions
1. A young nobleman named ________________ was rescued by an Indian maiden and lived among the Indians.
2. The first group of Indians were the _________ and they settled the area between the Ten Thousand Islands and Cape Sable.
3. The ______________ settled around the great central lake.
4. New technology resulted in navigation equipment like compasses and astrolabes, even though they had few _________.
5. On the East coast, they boiled the flesh from the bones, tied the bones together and added them to what?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)