|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first group of Indians were the _________ and they settled the area between the Ten Thousand Islands and Cape Sable.
2. There was talk of legendary islands west of what country?
3. There was an Indian __________ business and many smugglers.
(c) Indentured servent.
4. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
(a) Ma Huan.
(b) Zheng He.
(c) Afanasy Nikitin.
(d) Panfilo de Narvaez.
5. Rock lies below the water of Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades. The rock is ________________ and is usually not exposed unless there is a drought.
Short Answer Questions
1. A thirteen-year-old boy named Escalante de Fonteneda remained with the Indians for how many years?
2. Many of the ships were wrecked. Why?
3. Boats frequently left ____________ for Florida and the Indians would wait for them.
4. How many days does it usually rain in a row?
5. In 1492, Spain sponsored an expedition by Admiral Christopher Columbus who would sail west to reach _________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)