|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did most European immigrants go further west?
(a) They did not want to live in a tropical climate.
(b) They feared the Indians.
(c) They did not want to compete with the slave labor in Florida.
(d) They did not feel safe in Florida.
2. Who was the first group of white men to ever cross the Everglades from east to west?
(a) Colonel Harney and his troops.
(b) Washington and the Army of Virginia.
(c) De Soto and his men.
(d) Roosevelt and his Rough Riders.
3. When Menendez explained he could not be with a non-Christian woman, Carlos said to do what?
(a) Make her Christian.
(b) Forget being a Christian.
(c) Find a new wife.
(d) Pretend she was a Christian.
4. ____________________ set up a company to obtain land grants in the Everglades.
(a) William H. Graham.
(b) William H. Glenn.
(c) William H. Gleason.
(d) William H. Green.
5. In the end, did Menendez achieve leadership in Florida?
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ Taylor was in charge of Florida and the government's Indian policy.
2. The residents prospered with much of the work being performed by whom?
3. After the passage of the ___________________, the Everglades came under the control of the state of Florida.
4. The ___________ tribe settled in the area around Tallahassee.
5. The ______________ moved into Florida around 1750.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)