|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They had no metals or flints to work with, only _________.
2. Several canals were dug and the price of land _____________.
(a) Became sporadic.
3. The Mikasukis and the _______________ did not get along and they didn't have much to do with the escaped slaves.
4. When the fields were ______________, they built a dike and tried planting the cane again.
(a) Polluted by chemicals.
(b) Flooded by the rains.
(c) Destroyed by hail.
(d) Burned in a forest fire.
5. The French were eventually chased out by _________________________ who eventually came to control Florida.
(a) Menendez de García.
(b) Menendez de Ramírez.
(c) Menendez de López.
(d) Menendez de Aviles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miami and nearby areas _______________ in the years following the Depression.
2. Why did many of the Indians die?
3. Why did most European immigrants go further west?
4. Cattle country developed west of _____________.
5. People moved into the Everglades. How did they live with the Indians?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)