|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Menendez secure the release of all of the captives?
(a) By raiding Chief Carlos' ship and freeing the captives.
(b) By giving Chief Carlos a great deal of money.
(c) By inviting Chief Carlos and twenty of his men to dinner on his boat and sailing to the open sea telling the Indians that they would be released when the captives were released.
(d) By killing Chief Carlos.
2. The _______________ settled on the Eastern coast of Southern Florida.
3. In the end, did Menendez achieve leadership in Florida?
4. Many of the ships were wrecked. Why?
5. The Age of Exploration began as Europeans looked for a way of reaching what?
(c) The Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does another rainy season begin?
2. What happens when the rain stops?
3. This rock structure is referred to as the Floridian ____________.
4. There are rivers and other small creeks that flow into what lake?
5. Maps drawn in the early ______________ suggested the existence of Cuba, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Florida, but they were wrong in their estimated distances.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)