|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the rain stops?
(a) A short cold winter.
(b) A long hot summer.
(c) A long cold winter.
(d) A short hot summer.
2. The Indians would be subdued if they refused to do what?
(a) Become Christians and submit to the Spanish king.
(b) Fight against the Spanish.
(c) Move farther south.
(d) Move farther west.
3. Colonies were established in various parts of the world as a result of what?
(a) New roads.
(b) Sea travel.
(c) Air travel.
(d) The railroad.
4. Rock lies below the water of Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades. The rock is ________________ and is usually not exposed unless there is a drought.
5. On the East coast, they boiled the flesh from the bones, tied the bones together and added them to what?
(a) A stew.
(b) The sea.
(c) The bones of the older generation.
(d) A coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ____________, the French, under Jean Ribaut, founded a colony at Port Royal, which was north of present day St. Augustine.
2. Man did not originate in the Everglades or Florida. The Indians moved to Florida. In the beginning, there were how many races?
3. Who was given the governorship of Cuba and Florida by the Spanish king?
4. The Indians were descended from ________________.
5. There was talk of legendary islands west of what country?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)