|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ tribe settled in the area around Tallahassee.
2. Menendez renamed the woman Dona ______________.
3. Their homes were built on ________________ and consisted of platforms and roofs.
(a) Straw mats.
(c) Poles or pilings.
4. The Indians who settled in Florida came from west of the Mississippi and spoke what language?
5. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
(a) Ma Huan.
(b) Afanasy Nikitin.
(c) Panfilo de Narvaez.
(d) Zheng He.
Short Answer Questions
1. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
2. On the East coast, they boiled the flesh from the bones, tied the bones together and added them to what?
3. Florida became a state in __________.
4. The French were eventually chased out by _________________________ who eventually came to control Florida.
5. Both blacks and Indians had been given freedom and citizenship by Spanish Florida causing problems between Spanish and ___________ America that would continue for more than one hundred years.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)