|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In North and South America.
(b) In South American and Central America.
(c) In North America and Mexico.
(d) In Central America and Mexico.
2. The Indians were forced to sign the Treaty of ___________ Landing.
3. The ______________ settled around the great central lake.
4. The state was still trying to do what to the Indians?
(a) Force them to Westernize.
(b) Make peace with them.
(c) Get rid of the Indians.
(d) Kill them.
5. When Menendez explained he could not be with a non-Christian woman, Carlos said to do what?
(a) Forget being a Christian.
(b) Pretend she was a Christian.
(c) Find a new wife.
(d) Make her Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Boats frequently left ____________ for Florida and the Indians would wait for them.
2. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
3. The Indians who settled in Florida came from west of the Mississippi and spoke what language?
4. Major General Twiggs was ordered to the area. He established a post named Fort Myers after who?
5. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)