|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Menendez secure the release of all of the captives?
(a) By giving Chief Carlos a great deal of money.
(b) By killing Chief Carlos.
(c) By raiding Chief Carlos' ship and freeing the captives.
(d) By inviting Chief Carlos and twenty of his men to dinner on his boat and sailing to the open sea telling the Indians that they would be released when the captives were released.
2. Did Carlos release the captives?
(a) Yes, but not for several months.
(d) Yes, but he soon caught them again.
3. The Indians were forced to move further __________.
4. A thirteen-year-old boy named Escalante de Fonteneda remained with the Indians for how many years?
5. In Chapter 5, the explorations continue where?
(a) In North America and Mexico.
(b) In South American and Central America.
(c) In North and South America.
(d) In Central America and Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slaves continued to escape to Florida. Why were slaves valuable?
2. The surveyors entered ___________________ in the Everglades which violated the treaty with the Indians.
3. The _________ settled along the East coast.
4. These people are believed to have arrived in the Everglades around ________ AD.
5. Menendez, who was looking for ___________, found his party held captive by Chief Carlos.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)