|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man did not originate in the Everglades or Florida. The Indians moved to Florida. In the beginning, there were how many races?
2. In Florida, Menendez asked Carlos if he was prepared to do what?
(c) Become a Christian.
(d) Leave Florida.
3. A young nobleman named ________________ was rescued by an Indian maiden and lived among the Indians.
(a) Prester John.
(b) Afonso IV.
(c) Manuel Pessanha.
(d) Juan Ortiz.
4. They had no metals or flints to work with, only _________.
5. Their homes were built on ________________ and consisted of platforms and roofs.
(b) Straw mats.
(c) Poles or pilings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ________________ lived along the mountains between the Gulf and the Atlantic.
2. At this time, Captain _____________ took over the Office of Indian Affairs.
3. The ______________ settled around the great central lake.
4. He wrote of his years with the Indians and talked of the great Chief ___________ who wanted to unite all of the Everglades Indians into a federation which he would control.
5. The Indians were forced to sign the Treaty of ___________ Landing.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)