|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A base was established near them in 1838 and Dr. Henry Perrine received a __________________ thousand acre grant to develop tropical plants.
(b) Twenty four.
2. A thirteen-year-old boy named Escalante de Fonteneda remained with the Indians for how many years?
3. In _________, the whites began to move back into the settlements.
4. In ___________, the Miami area was struck by a hurricane.
5. The Indians would be subdued if they refused to do what?
(a) Move farther west.
(b) Become Christians and submit to the Spanish king.
(c) Move farther south.
(d) Fight against the Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Indians attacked ______________ Key, Perrine was killed but his wife and children escaped.
2. George Merrick designed the plans for the city to be called _________ Gables.
3. When the fields were ______________, they built a dike and tried planting the cane again.
4. Boats frequently left ____________ for Florida and the Indians would wait for them.
5. ____________ Taylor was in charge of Florida and the government's Indian policy.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)