|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George Merrick designed the plans for the city to be called _________ Gables.
2. In ____________, Carl Fisher laid out the plans for Miami Beach and built hotels.
3. When the Indians attacked ______________ Key, Perrine was killed but his wife and children escaped.
(c) Big Pine.
4. What were there many of in Miami at this time?
(a) Cowboys and Indians.
(b) Students and young families.
(c) Bathers and casinos.
(d) Farmers and teachers.
5. When was rum running popular?
(a) During the Great Depression.
(b) During the Prohibition era.
(c) During World War I.
(d) After the Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ Taylor was in charge of Florida and the government's Indian policy.
2. The area south of ___________________ was successfully growing fruits.
3. The Indians would be subdued if they refused to do what?
4. The real estate boom spread throughout _______________ Florida.
5. Who was given the governorship of Cuba and Florida by the Spanish king?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)