|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George Merrick designed the plans for the city to be called _________ Gables.
2. In ____________, Carl Fisher laid out the plans for Miami Beach and built hotels.
3. The government's policy now was to suppress the Indians and this was the job of Colonel __________.
4. ____________ Taylor was in charge of Florida and the government's Indian policy.
5. The area south of ___________________ was successfully growing fruits.
(a) Lake Olivia.
(b) Lake Overstreet.
(c) Lake Osborne.
(d) Lake Okeechobee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was given the governorship of Cuba and Florida by the Spanish king?
2. Who was given the right to explore Florida and to conquer the people from Florida to northern Mexico?
3. When was rum running popular?
4. The survivors were taken to _________________ while the Indians retreated into the Everglades.
5. What were there many of in Miami at this time?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)