|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 1, Islam & Christianity in the Middle East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Much of the works in this book focus on what type of relationships?
(a) Same gender.
(c) Teacher and student.
2. In many of Rumi's poems, not only in Book 1, Chapter 2, but throughout the whole book, his distinction between "me" and "you" is what?
3. Rumi's poems focus on what aspect of life?
(a) Life's sorrows.
(b) Life after death.
(c) Imaginary life.
(d) Inner life.
4. When was Rumi born?
(a) September 30, 1207.
(b) October 20, 1390.
(c) December 15, 1461.
(d) November 26, 1119.
5. Rumi explains to readers that in our lives, God can be both active and:
Short Answer Questions
1. Over time, Coleman Barks' feelings about the messages in Rumi's poetry have what?
2. What elevates Rumi's poems beyond a simple collection of ideas?
3. Rumi indicates that people who have blind faith are following this path through what?
4. The poem in Book 1, Chapter 3 about the lame goat teaches readers how to be good:
5. When Coleman Barks first started reading Rumi's works, what types of words turned him away?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)