|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 1, Islam & Christianity in the Middle East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relative to Rumi, who was Shams Tabriz?
2. What does the fish with medium intelligence do in the tale of three fish in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He eats two bugs.
(b) He finds a solution to his predicament.
(c) He rushes after the first fish.
(d) He laughs at the first fish.
3. "Cry Out In Your Weakness" is a poem about:
4. Why did Rumi's family flee the place of his birth?
(a) The land was attacked by Turks.
(b) They feared the ruler of the region.
(c) The land was struck by drought.
(d) They feared a Mongol invasion.
5. In the section called "Solomon Poems," Rumi's poetry makes direct references to:
(a) Buddhism and Islam.
(b) Islam and Christianity.
(c) Judaism and Buddhism.
(d) Hinduism and Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the three fish in the fish story in Book 2, Chapter 1, ends up getting caught?
2. The poem "On Being A Lover" is written in what format?
3. According to the book, in what state does Coleman Barks live today?
4. Many of Rumi's poems reveal that life is not two-dimensional; on the contrary, it is very:
5. Rumi explains to readers that in our lives, God can be both active and:
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)