|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Tavern : Chapter 3, Union through Rough Metaphor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relative to Rumi, who was Shams Tabriz?
2. Rumi speaks of two distinct types of intelligence. One is cultivated from books and the other is what?
(a) Pre-existing within a person.
(c) Learned in the streets.
(d) Reserved for the highest masters.
3. How many years did it take Coleman Barks to truly comprehend Shams Tabriz through Rumi's poetry?
4. Rumi's works are deeply:
5. Many of Rumi's poems reveal that life is not two-dimensional; on the contrary, it is very:
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, how does the King regard Ayaz in a poem in Book 1, Chapter 3?
2. Much of Rumi's poetry is:
3. One of the key attributes of the character Ayaz is what?
4. When was the New Expanded Edition of this book published?
5. In the end, where does the Caliph of a poem in Book 1, Chapter 2 send the mysterious, beautiful woman from the city his men have invaded?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)