|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Tavern : Chapter 2, Desire & New Silk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relative to Rumi, who was Shams Tabriz?
2. Much of Rumi's poetry is:
3. For Coleman Barks, part of the experience of grasping Rumi's poems is what?
4. When was the New Expanded Edition of this book published?
5. In Rumi's string metaphor, the string connects two animals by their what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poem in Book 1, Chapter 2, about a man who wants a tattoo, what dilemma does he face?
2. In the poem in Book 1, Chapter 2, where several men fall in love with the same woman, her physical beauty is really a representation of what?
3. Who is Hallaj?
4. Rumi's short-story poems range from less than fifty lines to approximately what length?
5. When Coleman Barks first started reading Rumi's works, what types of words turned him away?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)