|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Solomon Poems : Chapter 2, Beginning to the Turn.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to being one of his students and his scribe, Husam Chelebi was Rumi's:
(a) Illegitimate son.
(b) Personal companion.
(c) Primary rival.
(d) Devoted house servant.
2. Whether writing about friendship, love, or God, a common theme covered by Rumi is:
3. In some of his poems, Rumi refers to religious figures:
(a) Only that he knows personally.
(b) From fiction.
(c) From different faiths.
(d) Only from his faith.
4. During his lifetime, Rumi was revered for his attitude of religious tolerance and:
(a) Brutal honesty.
5. In a poem entitled "Rough Metaphors," Rumi asserts that a lover's reverence is often sheltered in:
Short Answer Questions
1. In a poem in Book 1, Chapter 3 about Ayaz the courtier, what command does the king give?
2. According to a poem in Book 1, Chapter 2, what happens when you put pond water into a larger body of water?
3. When the animal soul that Rumi refers to is lacking, it leads to what?
4. The purpose of Coleman Barks' preambles to Rumi's poems is to:
5. Through many of his poems, Rumi reveals the depth and diversity of different types of:
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)