|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many executives argued that the costs of _________ should be ignored because they were hard to value or may harm smaller firms.
2. Buffett made distinctions in ________ policy to account or differences in earnings, according to the book.
3. A purchased firm might have _______ that increases in value over time by the amount of inflation and successful operating results.
4. Buffett and Munger did not operate a strategic plan for __________ but compare opportunities against passive investments.
5. Buffett realized that it was helpful to be _________ when others were fearful in the market.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of information that is necessary to report to an investor or shareholder?
2. What question emerged during the merger between Berkshire and Blue Chip in 1983?
3. What did Buffett want to do with the Berkshire stock on the NYSE?
4. What was the difference between the purchase and the pooling transaction?
5. What was the purpose of Buffett and Munger focusing on buying up 100% of a company and the investment must use a lot of capital?
6. What did Buffett expect to owners of stock to do when he creates a principle that earnings should be retained to the extent each retained dollar creates at least one dollar of market value for owners?
7. What threatened the global competitiveness of major American industries, according to the book?
8. What was the strategy that Buffett employed in order to acquire businesses, after learning the lesson from the golf pro?
9. What did Buffett prefer in trading that allowed for more benefits to long-term owners of stock?
10. What was the simple rule that Buffett followed when it came to exchange of stock during a merger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buffett pointed out that just because the market was often efficient does not mean that it is always efficient.
Part 1: Why do you think the idea of an efficient market is something to consider?
Part 2: How do you think an efficient market can impact the outcome of a financial transaction?
Part 3: Do you believe that the market is designed to be efficient?
Essay Topic 2
Buffett and Munger saw the shareholders are partners in the company, not just as those who bought into the company.
Part 1: Do you think all shareholders should be seen as partners in their companies?
Part 2: How can a shareholder influence the way that that a company behaves or reacts in the business market?
Part 3: Why do you think it's necessary for there to be shareholders in modern day companies?
Essay Topic 3
Buffett and Munger didn't use a strategic plan of acquisition, but rather compared opportunities against passive investments.
Part 1: Why do you think Buffett and Munger didn't have a plan for acquisitions?
Part 2: Do you think it's a better idea to have a plan when dealing with more extensive acquisition deals?
Part 3: How do you think Buffett and Munger's approach benefits them?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)