|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Warren Buffett's partner in the company they shared?
2. What was the name of the bond holdings that Buffett added to Berkshire in 1989?
3. Buffett and Munger both opposed any selective ________ and predictive growth rates from the CEOs who reported them.
4. Risk ___________ was defined as the pursuit of profits from anticipated events, according to the book.
5. Buffett is proud that ____% of the shares outstanding at the end of each year were held by the same shareholders.
Short Essay Questions
1. What would business contraction cause, though Buffett says this was also an opportune time for investment?
2. What were the five different categories from which Buffett can select his investments?
3. Where did Berkshire directors have most of their net worth invested, according to the book?
4. What were some of the issues that could come up within an annual meeting, which made Buffet want to avoid these meetings?
5. What was listed as the difference between a fallen angel and a junk bond?
6. Who did Buffett consider to be partners with him in his business, according to the book?
7. What was the main problem with the idea of efficient market theory, according to Buffett?
8. What did Buffett fear about investing in companies that were located in California?
9. What is the content of this book often used for, according to the author?
10. What did Buffett and Charlie Munger do together, which led to the creation of this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buffett and Munger thought it was better to monitor management as an investment strategy.
Part 1: How does management impact the way that a company works?
Part 2: Do you think management can be something that predicts financial stability?
Part 3: Why do you think Munger and Buffett looked at management to determine their investments?
Essay Topic 2
Warren Buffett appeared to be a mild-mannered and modest person, unlike so many others in the financial market.
Part 1: Do you think that Buffett is the exception the rule that those with money are self-serving?
Part 2: Why do you think Buffett maintained the manner he did?
Part 3: How do you think Buffett is able to maintain his modest manner during his time at Berkshire Hathaway?
Essay Topic 3
In order to buy bonds and stock in a company, Buffett and Munger required that companies have a firm management style.
Part 1: How might you define the idea of a firm management style?
Part 2: What are some modern companies today that have a good management approach?
Part 3: Do you think a company can be a success without a strong management team?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)