|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the stock market value of the company in #49 when it was first purchased by Buffett?
2. A bond is _______ with regular payment of interest and repayment of principle.
3. _________ were often unwilling to discuss the business issues during meetings.
4. Which state was Buffett worried about in terms of its ability to create good investments for his company?
5. Berkshire was a ________ corporation, as it was described in this section of the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buffett and Munger buy public companies, according to the book's details?
2. How did Buffett begin to promote the zero-coupon bonds from Berkshire, though it was complicated to do so?
3. What was the main problem with the idea of efficient market theory, according to Buffett?
4. What did Buffett and Munger invest based upon, instead of price quotes?
5. What was listed as the difference between a fallen angel and a junk bond?
6. What did Buffett and Charlie Munger do together, which led to the creation of this book?
7. What did Buffett and Munger prefer to do when they invested in a company?
8. How did Buffett seek to define a corporation as a mechanism? What exactly did this mean?
9. What was the purpose of the fourteen owner-related business principles that Buffett lists in the book?
10. What might a CEO do if they were unlikely to dispose of their successful operating business, according to Buffett?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear and greed were described as being two super contagious diseases in the investment community.
Part 1: Why do you think there is a lot of fear in the investment community?
Part 2: How do you think greed and fear might impact the way a person invests?
Part 3: Do you think that you would be swayed more by fear or by greed when investing? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Buffett didn't like to invest in banking because of the leverage involved. Banks were too difficult as investments most of the time.
Part 1: Do you think that banks can be good investment choices?
Part 2: Why do you think it might be better to stay away from banks as investments?
Part 3: How do you think a bank might become a better investment for a larger company?
Essay Topic 3
Buffett and Munger wanted fair and accurate reporting from all of their company CEOs at all times.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible to have fair and accurate reporting at all times?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important for CEOs to be accurate in their reporting?
Part 3: How do you think Buffett and Munger handled those CEOs who were not able to report on their company's status?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)