|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The $70B enterprise that Buffett and his partner buy includes GEICO and ________ corporation.
2. Alternative investments were considered for __________ high quality investments when a preferable business could not be located.
3. Buffett criticizes __________ market theory as be does not believe it to be a truth.
4. The margin of ________ was the cornerstone of investment success, according to Graham.
5. Buffett noted that a CEO had no direct ______ or clear standards of performance, making even under performing ones able to continue working.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the definition of the idea of risk arbitrage, according to the book?
2. What might a CEO do if they were unlikely to dispose of their successful operating business, according to Buffett?
3. What were two of the benefits of zero-coupon bonds, as listed by Berkshire in their promotions?
4. What is the content of this book often used for, according to the author?
5. What was the main problem with the idea of efficient market theory, according to Buffett?
6. What did Buffett and Munger commit to providing to their 300,000 shareholders?
7. What would business contraction cause, though Buffett says this was also an opportune time for investment?
8. Who was Mr. Market and where did Mr. Market come from, according to the book?
9. What were some of the companies included in the purchases of Berkshire Hathaway under Munger and Buffett?
10. What did Buffett and Munger prefer to do when they invested in a company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buffett decided to buy a company when their stock market value was less than their intrinsic value.
Part 1: Do you think Buffett should pay the intrinsic value or the stock market value?
Part 2: Why do you think a company might be worth less in the market than they are intrinsically?
Part 3: How do you think Buffett might approach a conversation about buying a company that has a lower market value?
Essay Topic 2
Buffett didn't like to invest in banking because of the leverage involved. Banks were too difficult as investments most of the time.
Part 1: Do you think that banks can be good investment choices?
Part 2: Why do you think it might be better to stay away from banks as investments?
Part 3: How do you think a bank might become a better investment for a larger company?
Essay Topic 3
Buffett stated that he finds some annual meetings to be useless to those who attend them and to those who run them.
Part 1: Do you think there is value in the annual meetings?
Part 2: Why do you think Buffett believes the annual meetings to be fairly useless?
Part 3: What do you think could be done in order to make annual meetings more useful to those who attend?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)