|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The board was ultimately responsible for any _______'s performance in the companies they held.
2. The market was considered a business partner with incurable _______ problems, according to the book.
3. On the other hand, a zero bond may not require _________, but can be satisfied with pay in kind bonds.
4. Buffett and Munger invested based on company operating results and not on ____________.
5. What was the value of the shares of the company that Buffett and his partner purchased thirty years after its purchase?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Buffett and Munger invest based upon, instead of price quotes?
2. What were some of the issues that could come up within an annual meeting, which made Buffet want to avoid these meetings?
3. How did Buffett and Munger buy public companies, according to the book's details?
4. What were the five different categories from which Buffett can select his investments?
5. What was the definition of the idea of risk arbitrage, according to the book?
6. What were two of the benefits of zero-coupon bonds, as listed by Berkshire in their promotions?
7. Whose investing principles guided the Buffett purchase of Washington Post Company?
8. Where did Berkshire directors have most of their net worth invested, according to the book?
9. What did Buffett and Charlie Munger do together, which led to the creation of this book?
10. What might a CEO do if they were unlikely to dispose of their successful operating business, according to Buffett?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Buffett and Munger thought it was better to monitor management as an investment strategy.
Part 1: How does management impact the way that a company works?
Part 2: Do you think management can be something that predicts financial stability?
Part 3: Why do you think Munger and Buffett looked at management to determine their investments?
Essay Topic 2
Buffett and Munger didn't use a strategic plan of acquisition, but rather compared opportunities against passive investments.
Part 1: Why do you think Buffett and Munger didn't have a plan for acquisitions?
Part 2: Do you think it's a better idea to have a plan when dealing with more extensive acquisition deals?
Part 3: How do you think Buffett and Munger's approach benefits them?
Essay Topic 3
Warren Buffett appeared to be a mild-mannered and modest person, unlike so many others in the financial market.
Part 1: Do you think that Buffett is the exception the rule that those with money are self-serving?
Part 2: Why do you think Buffett maintained the manner he did?
Part 3: How do you think Buffett is able to maintain his modest manner during his time at Berkshire Hathaway?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)