Lesson 1 (from Introduction and Prologue)
This book is a compilation of the teachings of Buffett, sharing his business ideas and secrets. Today's objective is to discuss what students thought they might read in this book, and what they think about business men and women in general.
1. Have each student make a list of adjectives they think best describe business.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think of business as a good or a bad thing.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the ways in which business and investments can be positive for society. What are some of the ways in which investments and holding companies can be damaging to the economy and to local communities?
4. Homework: Have each student research to find out what companies Buffett currently holds.
5. Homework: Have students write about a time when they felt that business harmed them in some way.
6. Homework: Have...
This section contains 5,275 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)