|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Violet propose to free the Quagmires from their cage?
(a) Telling Jerome.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Contacting Mr. Poe.
2. What does Isadora Quagmire have in her notebook?
(a) A poem for Violet.
(b) Notes on plants.
(c) Drawings of Count Olaf.
(d) Poems about Olaf's plans.
3. What do the Baudelaires discover at the end of their chain of ties, curtain pulls, and extension cords?
(a) A cage of snakes.
(c) Esme's pet.
(d) The Quagmires.
4. What does the narrator say he would've done if he escaped from Gunther's plans?
(a) Run away to the far corner of the world and hide.
(b) Run away to a deserted island.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Tell everyone at Veblen Hall.
5. What three things do Klaus and Sunny discover that Violet believes will help free the Quagmires?
(a) Fire tongs.
(b) Baseball bat.
6. When the Baudelaires reach the end of the corridor, what sounds do they hear?
(b) Clopping horses.
(c) Fish music.
(d) A trolley.
7. Once the Baudelaires are successful with opening the trapdoor, where does the corridor end up?
(a) The Stationary District.
(b) The Fish District.
(c) The spot where their house burned.
(d) Veblen Hall.
8. What kind of soda is suddenly "in"?
9. What does Duncan try to tell Violet in his notebook?
(a) About the V.F.D.
(b) His poem about her.
(c) His notes on Olaf.
(d) His drawings.
10. According to the narrator, what do the Baudelaires feel as they climb the ersatz rope back to the penthouse?
(a) As if their whole life has been spent happily but flawed.
(b) As if their whole life has been spent with Olaf.
(c) As if their whole life has been spent in misery.
(d) As if their whole life has been spent in the pit.
11. What does Klaus say about myths?
(a) They're entertaining but not very helpful.
(b) They're fun.
(c) They're boring.
(d) They're helpful.
12. What does Duncan Quagmire have in his notebook?
(a) Notes on plants.
(b) Drawings of Count Olaf.
(c) A poem for Violet.
(d) Information about Olaf's plans.
13. Where does Violet decide to hide the ersatz rope?
(a) In Klaus's books.
(b) Under Sunny's bed.
(c) Under her bed.
(d) Under her pillow.
14. Why is the mailman afraid of the Baudelaire children?
(a) He thinks they are ghosts and will hurt him.
(b) He thinks they are thieves.
(c) He thinks they are monsters and will hurt him.
(d) He thinks they are with Count Olaf.
15. Who is seated by Gunther at the small stage at the In Auction?
(a) Mr. Poe.
(d) The doorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Duncan, how does Gunther plan to smuggle the Quagmires out of the city?
2. What sinister surprise do the Baudelaires discover at the end of the ersatz rope after the second climb down?
3. What rains down on the children from the ceiling?
4. What does the man in the sunglasses tell the Baudelaire children at the In Auction?
5. While waiting for the Squalors to return from getting soda, what does Klaus do when someone talks to him?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)