|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the In Auction, who does Klaus try to convince that Gunther is Count Olaf in disguise?
(a) The crowd of buyers.
(b) Jerome Squalor.
(c) The doorman.
(d) Mr. Poe.
2. What does Klaus say about myths?
(a) They're helpful.
(b) They're boring.
(c) They're entertaining but not very helpful.
(d) They're fun.
3. Which direction does Klaus suggest the Baudelaires climb to get out of the elevator shaft?
4. What does Violet say when she reaches the bottom of the ersatz rope a second time?
(a) We're here to save you!
(b) They're gone!
(c) I'm back!
(d) Here we are!
5. What condition do the Baudelaires find the Quagmires?
(a) Filthy and haunted.
6. What does Isadora Quagmire have in her notebook?
(a) Drawings of Count Olaf.
(b) A poem for Violet.
(c) Poems about Olaf's plans.
(d) Notes on plants.
7. While in the tiny room at the end of the ersatz rope, what does Klaus do when he sees Violet become upset?
(b) Pick up Sunny.
(c) Hug her.
(d) Talk to her.
8. When the Baudelaires arrive at the In Auction, what lot are the people bidding on?
(a) Lot #50.
(b) Lot #49.
(c) Lot #5.
(d) Lot #46.
9. What sinister surprise do the Baudelaires discover at the end of the ersatz rope after the second climb down?
(a) The Quagmires are gone.
(b) Mr. Poe is in the cage.
(c) Count Olaf is waiting.
(d) Esme Squalor is there.
10. How does Violet propose to free the Quagmires from their cage?
(a) Contacting Mr. Poe.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Telling Jerome.
11. What rains down on the children from the ceiling?
(c) Black ash.
12. What does Violet tell the Quagmires after examining the lock on their cage?
(a) She needs Sunny to bite through it.
(b) She needs them to be quiet.
(c) She needs Klaus to read the directions.
(d) She needs to invent something to rescue them.
13. What is strange about the winner of the large red herring statue?
(a) It's Mr. Poe.
(b) It's Gunther.
(c) It's the doorman.
(d) It's a small child.
14. What does Esme say at the In Auction that surprises Jerome?
(a) That she had makes enough money.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That she wants to adopt the children.
(d) That she loves the children.
15. What does Duncan Quagmire have in his notebook?
(a) Information about Olaf's plans.
(b) Drawings of Count Olaf.
(c) A poem for Violet.
(d) Notes on plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Baudelaires find at the end of the hallway once they'd gone down the elevator shaft?
2. What do the children hear over their heads as they stumble around the passageway in the dark?
3. What does Sunny suggest they do to escape from the elevator shaft?
4. Who caters the In Auction's food?
5. What does Esme yell down to the children after they decide they are okay?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)