|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerome not continue to support the children's claim about Gunther's identity?
(a) Jerome backs down because he agrees.
(b) Jerome backs down because he's afraid of her.
(c) Jerome backs down because Esme threatens to put him out.
(d) Jerome backs down because he likes Gunther.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, how do the Baudelaire children feel about their situation?
3. When the children first meet Mr. Squalor, what does he offer to get them?
(a) A bed.
(b) A slice of cake.
(c) A martini.
(d) An orange.
4. Who shows up at the onset of Chapter 4 dressed in a disguise?
(a) The Quagmires.
(b) Jerome Squalor
(c) Mr. Poe.
(d) Count Olaf.
5. What character has been put in charge of the Baudelaire orphans?
(a) Count Olaf.
(b) Mr. Poe.
(c) The State.
(d) The Narrator.
6. Which of the Baudelaire orphans wear glasses?
7. What is missing on the orphans' new street?
(b) Street lamps.
(c) Street signs.
8. During their first few days with the Squalors, whom do the Baudelaires scarcely see?
(a) Jerome Squalor.
(c) Mr. Poe.
(d) Esme Squalor.
9. According to Mr. Squalor, what is his wife most attentive to?
(a) What's happening in the building.
(b) What's going on down the street.
(c) What's out.
(d) What's in and what's out.
10. According to the narrator, what would you probably see at the front of a chemistry class?
(a) A teacher desk.
(b) A chalkboard.
(c) A table of elements.
(d) A projector.
11. While climbing the staircase, Violet recalls what event that her parents attended that made them extremely tired?
(a) A wedding.
(b) Sixteenth Annual Run-a-Thon.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A party.
12. Throughout Chapter 6, who do the children spend the morning searching the penthouse for?
(b) The Quagmires.
(d) Mr. Poe.
13. When the Baudelaire children reach the Squalor penthouse apartment, what does the person who answers the door wear?
(a) Jogging pants.
(b) A robe.
(c) A dress.
(d) A pinstripe suit.
14. When the Baudelaires reach the bottom of the staircase after listening at every apartment door, who do they see?
(a) The doorman.
15. What is the In Auction?
(a) An event where the in people talk to each other.
(b) An event where the innest things are given to charity.
(c) An annual event hosted by Esme Squalor on the innest items.
(d) An event you walk in to.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first few days in the penthouse, what happens once the Baudelaire children return to the penthouse?
2. Who had been the Baudelaire orphans' first guardian?
3. What is the name of the street where the orphans will be staying?
4. On the way home from Café Salmonella, what does the taxicab pass that makes the children remember their parents?
5. How many windows are in the Squalor penthouse, according to the narrator?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)