|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toward the end of chapter two, what does Esme find out from a phone call is suddenly "in."
(a) Hot dogs.
2. How did the Baudelaire orphans' parents die?
(a) In a fire.
(b) In an airplane crash.
(c) In a car wreck.
(d) In a train crash.
3. According to Violet, which of their former guardians would have enjoyed eating salad?
(a) Uncle Melvin.
(c) Count Olaf.
(d) Aunt Josephine.
4. According to the narrator, above all the other issues the Baudelaires have to deal with, what do they worry about the most?
(a) The sizes of their rooms.
(b) The whereabouts of the Quagmires.
(c) The whereabouts of Count Olaf.
(d) The whereabouts of Mr. Poe.
5. According to the narrator, what does the phrase "dwarfed by comparison" not have to deal with?
(a) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with dogs.
(b) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with dwarves.
(c) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with children.
(d) The phrase doesn't have anything to do with comparisons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf have on his ankle?
2. Why does the narrator state that the streets sounded like fish?
3. According to the narrator, what does a nefarious disguise mean?
4. When Sunny is covered in the pinstripe clothes, what does Violet compare her to?
5. Why does Jerome not continue to support the children's claim about Gunther's identity?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)