|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing on the orphans' new street?
(b) Street lamps.
(c) Street signs.
2. What is at the curve of the staircase on each floor?
(a) A gift.
(b) A candle.
(c) A door and a pair of sliding elevator doors.
(d) A gate.
3. According to Mr. Squalor, what is his wife most attentive to?
(a) What's going on down the street.
(b) What's out.
(c) What's happening in the building.
(d) What's in and what's out.
4. How did the Baudelaire orphans' parents die?
(a) In an airplane crash.
(b) In a car wreck.
(c) In a train crash.
(d) In a fire.
5. Each morning, who takes the children to places in town?
(a) Mr. Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the definition of "anxious"?
2. What is the name of the street where the orphans will be staying?
3. What is Violet's favorite place to visit in the city?
4. According to the narrator, what does the phrase "dwarfed by comparison" not have to deal with?
5. What is Klaus's favorite place to visit in the city?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)