|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the Squalor's home have?
2. What does Esme Squalor do for a living?
(a) She is the tenth most important financial advisor.
(b) She is the number one most important financial advisor.
(c) She is the sixth most important financial advisor.
(d) She is the most important school teacher.
3. Why does the narrator state the dictionary is more pleasant than reading this book?
(a) You can skip to more pleasant words.
(b) You can close the book when you want.
(c) There is no plot.
(d) There is no setting.
4. What is missing on the orphans' new street?
(a) Street signs.
(d) Street lamps.
5. Jerome finds Klaus a bedroom he thinks will fit his interests, but what's wrong with it?
(a) The library is filled with books about fashionable things.
(b) The library is empty.
(c) The library isn't close to his bedroom.
(d) The library is filled magazines about plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Squalor, who did he hike up Mount Fraught with?
2. While climbing the staircase, how often do Klaus and Violet take turns carrying Sunny?
3. When the Baudelaire children reach the Squalor penthouse apartment, who answers the door?
4. What type of ice cream does the narrator at the beginning of Chapter 1 state you may be nervous about eating?
5. Who is the oldest of the Baudelaire orphans?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)